Unable to get online (post patch update)?

• Thread starter Fatkev
  • 29 comments
OK, when I went to install the game this afternoon, the v1.01 patch pop up appears and I click OK and install it, then the game itself installs.

But I can't access any of the online features, and the game continually comes back with the 'Can't connect to server' time-out error when navigating the screens.

I've connected my PS3 wirelessly and all other games can access their online facilities with no problems.

Anyone any ideas what's gone wrong?

can you guys get into the lobby? I try going into the open lobby and there is nothing there, just a screen saying create a room etc etc.

Should I be seeing a long list of names/rooms when I go in there?

Nope, I can't access any online services on GT5. Even when navigating the main menus, the server check that the game does freezes the game for two or three minutes while it waits for the server to time out.

If I disable the PS3's internet connection, everything works perfectly fine. But I want to be able to go online, obviously. ;)

I had the same issue last night because I installed the game whilst being online.
I just turned off my router, then started GT5, turn router on while GT5 was on and now I can play online (you only need to do this once.

All that said, the online mode has a lot of bugs (my ps3 froze 4 times since last night)

I had the same issue last night because I installed the game whilst being online.
I just turned off my router, then started GT5, turn router on while GT5 was on and now I can play online (you only need to do this once.

All that said, the online mode has a lot of bugs (my ps3 froze 4 times since last night)

I only got the game today and read people were having problems so i made sure I got the update first, then logged off PSN then installed. I will try turning the router off and back on.

same trouble here too, anyone can see any room??

yesterday i played a lot of multiplayer but now it seems that they have turned it off. well..i hope they will solve the issues with ps3 freezing in room list

It's the "Ports" of your router which will not let the Game connect and receive data.

Fix:

Go into your routers settings and enable uPNP then it will work.
At least it worked for me, lol.

(You can also manually open the required Ports for the game in your router but I don't know yet which of them it uses.)

Tried that to no avail. :(

It's the "Ports" of your router which will not let the Game connect and receive data.

Fix:

Go into your routers settings and enable uPNP then it will work.
At least it worked for me, lol.

(You can also manually open the required Ports for the game in your router but I don't know yet which of them it uses.)

I don't think this is the case. My router has had uPnP enabled long before GT5 came out and I'm having the same problem.

Sorry but that isnt the answer for me either. My UPnP is also enabled. Ive been playing GT5P for the last 2 months with no problems so I cant see it being anything to do with my internet connection or router.

Anyone else getting this?

I don't think this is the case. My router has had uPnP enabled long before GT5 came out and I'm having the same problem.

Another thing you could have an eye on is that I read in the manual (ingame) that you can only see hosts if your NAT type is not "3" so check your internet settings in the XMB for your NAT-type.

If its not 1 or 2 try to reconfigure your internet connection settings so it will show 1 or 2.

Another thing you could have an eye on is that I read in the manual (ingame) that you can only see hosts if your NAT type is not "3" so check your internet settings in the XMB for your NAT-type.

If its not 1 or 2 try to reconfigure your internet connection settings so it will show 1 or 2.

It's at 2 (moderate).

Mine was working earlier but when I switched accounts, GT5 can't connect to server anymore.

A lot of people having the same problem could only mean one thing, the server is overloaded... and its expected. At least I expected this.

Same problems here.

GT5 Prologue had the same problems in the begining but as time passed it got better.
I hope they solve it becouse its quite an issue.

A lot of people having the same problem could only mean one thing, the server is overloaded... and its expected. At least I expected this.

My logic tells me that they should have realized that this game was going to be huge, even on launch day. They should have prepared accordingly. If it's overloaded now, it's only going to get worse as more and more people buy the game.

My logic tells me that they should have realized that this game was going to be huge, even on launch day. They should have prepared accordingly. If it's overloaded now, it's only going to get worse as more and more people buy the game.

I would think so too but it happens to so many games maybe it's not that simple or a bug was in their server code.

Maybe they are blocking access because they know some people got their save games broken and want to fix it before anyone else takes a risk?

I would think so too but it happens to so many games maybe it's not that simple or a bug was in their server code.

Maybe they are blocking access because they know some people got their save games broken and want to fix it before anyone else takes a risk?

What I kind of thought is that the server may be getting slammed with people downloading the 1.01 update.

my online is buggered, tried to send a car to my mate. It said 'upload failed', then deleted my car and he didnt get it. And i cant create or join a match with him either.

I got an error says, " You cannot use this function, as you are not currently online." that annoys me for 12 hours already, I still have not been to online lobby. I am sure I am logged to PSN, but it shows that I am offline in the GTmode.
In addtion, do you have to read the Terms of Use(In game, Options>Network>Terms of Use) before you get to online? As I am not able to open that file, there is no respond whatever I pressed on the button.

Try signing out and back in again that fixed the "connect to server" issue. I still can't find any races to join though

Back