- 50
Since the release I've been trying to play online but it never works. The PS3 tries to make a connection with the server when the game starts but after 10 minutes or so it says it failed. Then it tries to make a connection again and I can't navigate the menu. After some time it says that failed to. Then whin I enter GT Life it tries to connect again! Same story. Then when I'm in GT Life and go to the open lounge it says unable to connect. If I go back to the main menu the process starts all over again.
I've asked people in the chatroom and looked in the forums but till now it seems as if I'm the only one with this problem.
I have a lot of different games and none of them has any online problems. My Nat type is 2.
I called the Sony helpdesk and was told that it might have to do with the ports on my router that GT5 wishes to use. I could also try if it worked on my other ps3 but I just tried that and it was thesame so it looks like my router is to blame.
Problem solved you would say. I could just get my router fixed and I'm ready to go. Sadly that's not an option for me. I allready asked my landlord to fix the router so many times that I dont have the guts to ask him again. I had a lot of connection issues with previous games because the router was set to nat3 so he called a technician to fix that for me. Then the router would fill up or something like that a few times per week so the people in my house would have no internet. The technician had tried to solve that a couple of times but the troubles stayd so I bought him the most expensive router I could find and asked if he could use that. I think in total my landlord has called a technician 10 times for my online trouble and he likes me a lot less because of it.
Since a year or so my internet has been pretty solid and I had good hope that I would be able to play GT5 online. Untill now of course.
I feel so mad about not being able to play GT5 online unless I move to another home which isn't going to happen anytime soon that I wonder if there are people with similar problems so that we can rant together and complain about how f...kt we are.
Or even better I hope that someone can think of a solution or that Kaz will read this and be like: Oh a GT fan in trouble! Team get your tools and start patching.
I know I might have put this in the epic rage and crying thread but imagine my despair: GT5 without online options. It's as if the 5 on my blu-ray just turned into a 4 before my own eyes!!!
I've asked people in the chatroom and looked in the forums but till now it seems as if I'm the only one with this problem.
I have a lot of different games and none of them has any online problems. My Nat type is 2.
I called the Sony helpdesk and was told that it might have to do with the ports on my router that GT5 wishes to use. I could also try if it worked on my other ps3 but I just tried that and it was thesame so it looks like my router is to blame.
Problem solved you would say. I could just get my router fixed and I'm ready to go. Sadly that's not an option for me. I allready asked my landlord to fix the router so many times that I dont have the guts to ask him again. I had a lot of connection issues with previous games because the router was set to nat3 so he called a technician to fix that for me. Then the router would fill up or something like that a few times per week so the people in my house would have no internet. The technician had tried to solve that a couple of times but the troubles stayd so I bought him the most expensive router I could find and asked if he could use that. I think in total my landlord has called a technician 10 times for my online trouble and he likes me a lot less because of it.
Since a year or so my internet has been pretty solid and I had good hope that I would be able to play GT5 online. Untill now of course.
I feel so mad about not being able to play GT5 online unless I move to another home which isn't going to happen anytime soon that I wonder if there are people with similar problems so that we can rant together and complain about how f...kt we are.
Or even better I hope that someone can think of a solution or that Kaz will read this and be like: Oh a GT fan in trouble! Team get your tools and start patching.
I know I might have put this in the epic rage and crying thread but imagine my despair: GT5 without online options. It's as if the 5 on my blu-ray just turned into a 4 before my own eyes!!!