Unable to "unwatch" threads

• Thread starter Ksquad
  • 4 comments
Canada
Canada
No matter what computer or browser I use (have tried 3 different computers and 3 different browsers on each) I'm completely unable to "unwatch" a thread. As soon as I post to a thread I automatically am added to it's watch list and when I go into the management console to unwatch the thread a little loading bar pops up in the top left corner and sits there spinning for ages and does nothing.

Is there a workaround? I'm getting kind of tired of getting bombarded by GTP alerts but don't want to completely turn them off and miss updates I actually want to receive.

Depending on your account settings, you will be "watching" a thread every time you reply to it. You can change this behavior by deselecting the checkbox next to "Automatically watch threads that you create or reply to..." option in your preferences.

If you just want to stop receiving "Alerts" when someone replies to threads you're watching, you can adjust your Alert Preferences here. Watched thread activity will still be available in your watched threads list.

Thanks for the heads up about how to disable the automatically watch threads part!

Any ideas on what I can about the "unwatch thread" button not working? I click on unwatch thread and a popup box comes up asking if I'm sure and I click on "stop watching" and then the popup goes away and a java kinda loading bar widget appears in the top right of my browser and sits there in a loading animation but never finishes.

The lingering "loading" widget is just a bug. If you refresh the page in your browser, you should see the "Unwatch Thread" button has changed to "Watch Thread", indicating that you are no longer watching it.

Back