• 6 comments

Moglet

Gendertrash
Premium
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Moglet85
Moglet
This might just be my device but figured it's worth reporting it here. When I try and update my status on my mobile device by pressing on profile then selecting the text box, the menu resets and I'm unable to type anything. It appears to be failing whenever the on-screen keyboard is appearing. I've tried this with Chrome mobile and Samsung Internet, both are reproducing the issue as described.

Device details:
Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F)
Android 8.0.0 (Build R16NW)
Chrome 66.0.3359.158
or
Samsung Internet 7.0.10.44

If you need any further details please let me know

I've never noticed it before as I usually post status updates in the New Profile Posts box instead but my S8 (all other versions, builds, etc the same as above) is doing the exact same thing.

This might just be my device but figured it's worth reporting it here. When I try and update my status on my mobile device by pressing on profile then selecting the text box, the menu resets and I'm unable to type anything. It appears to be failing whenever the on-screen keyboard is appearing. I've tried this with Chrome mobile and Samsung Internet, both are reproducing the issue as described.

Device details:
Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F)
Android 8.0.0 (Build R16NW)
Chrome 66.0.3359.158
or
Samsung Internet 7.0.10.44

If you need any further details please let me know

Do you have any sort of battery saver settings turned on?

I've had similar issues with the screen not resetting (moving to the area in which typed text is visible) and keyboard not even popping up when I have my phone in the highest battery saving setting (excluding screen brightness).

EDIT: Battery settings in your phone, not Chrome or anything else that may or may not have settings like that.

Do you have any sort of battery saver settings turned on?

I've had similar issues with the screen not resetting (moving to the area in which typed text is visible) and keyboard not even popping up when I have my phone in the highest battery saving setting (excluding screen brightness).

EDIT: Battery settings in your phone, not Chrome or anything else that may or may not have settings like that.

No battery saving is enabled

This is a strange one. There is no problem in iOS or other simulators; but I can reproduce this on Android devices. When did you start noticing this? Have you updated your status using that text field on your phone before (since the GTP15 redesign was launched last year)?

Have you updated your status using that text field on your phone before (since the GTP15 redesign was launched last year)?
Changing the page style to GTP12, the status box worked. Going back to 15 and it's broken again.

This is a strange one. There is no problem in iOS or other simulators; but I can reproduce this on Android devices. When did you start noticing this? Have you updated your status using that text field on your phone before (since the GTP15 redesign was launched last year)?

Unfortunately I only started updating my status using that section quite recently so can't say for certain when it started to occur.

Latest Posts

Back