Unannounced mobile Need for Speed game supposedly being developed by studio behind Pokemon Unite, according to a job posting.

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 0 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
Here. It seems like this isn't necessarily the same game as the one being developed by Criterion (or rather, what's left of it) but instead a new mobile title, one that's possibly open-world. The codename for the title is even listed as "Need for Speed Online Mobile," - could this be a spiritual successor to NFS World?

At any rate, I don't think I'll be looking into this installment, as I think mobile games often rely on addiction than being sincerely fun. I can personally attest to this, as a recovering Pokemon GO addict, haha! So I think I'll be looking into the Criterion-developed title much sooner than this, but the idea of an open-world mobile NFS game still seems ever so slightly intriguing. I can only imagine that there'll be limited-time events for the famous cars of the series, and I'd bet a ton of money that the BMW M3 (E46) GTR from MW2005 will be one of them. If not a limited-time event, I guarantee there'll be some other way to get you (and/or your wallet) addicted to this.

But I also remain curious on how EA might integrate NFTs into a future NFS title, as EA has indeed expressed interest in NFTs. Not that I largely support NFTs, but if EA is going to support NFTs anyway, then I would at least hope their integration enhances an upcoming title's design rather than detract from it.

Last edited:
Back