Under 5mins @ The Green Hell.

• Thread starter Penni
  • 15 comments
Hi

Can someone please tell me the best way to set up the
Toyota Minola 877 VC Race Car for Nurburgring.

The best time I can get is with the F1 car, a 510.788 lap. I would love to get under 5 Mins with that or the Toyota. I find the F1 is allot better round the corners but the Toyota has the straight line speed.

So can you please help me with
1) More speed with the F1
2) Make breaks better and more corner speed with the Toyota.

Thanks if anyone can help me.

P.S. Any other cars which maybe able to pull that time off.

make the suspension as soft as you can. - everything soft
Set the ride height at least 20mm over minimum.
best I got was a 5 min flat.... anything more is just a hell of a lotta work
the only other car w/a chance is the Sauber merc.
There might be a FAQ for this question though

stick with the F1, if you nail everycorner, you wont need the straight away as much.. i did i 5.13 in the F1, got every apex but spun the last corner coz i was hyped.. lost me atleast 10 secs..

I have been under 5 mins with the indy car. I have a dfp and it basically took 2 days of just running around nurburgring. Its possible, but you just have to get lucky. The olny setting I changed was the gearbox to #17 because you get another mph or 2 out of the top end. I have read about people going under 5 with the minolta, its a little heavier and it deosnt get upset as much as the indy car around that bumpy track. It also has a much higher top speed.

hmmm i wonder how they get under 5 mins with the minolta toyota in nurburgring. i just took a lap around nurburging with a time of 5 mins 11 secs with that car.

Maybe, despite a pathological hatred of Turbo modified Group C cars (and I presume you're all using Stage 4 turbo on the 88C-V?), I'll try this. I'll let you know.

Oh by the way, I'm going to give myself five attempts only ;)

DE

I got the Minolta on 5.02 around the ring in GT mode.
Setup is very easy use Standart Setup and change only Driving Helps on 2
and auto gear at 22.:sly:
At Arcade Mode my best round is 4.59.

ncgtplayer88
hmmm i wonder how they get under 5 mins with the minolta toyota in nurburgring. i just took a lap around nurburging with a time of 5 mins 11 secs with that car.

I'd watched a replay video of some guy veilsidebrnurburgringminolta (I greatly apologize if I'm wrong) that turned about 4:44.650 or something using the Minolta. It was/is fairly awesome. It seems as though the car is glued to the track or like a movie run at 1.5X. Hurt my eyes to watch. Nailed every corner. There was some talk that he keeps the accelerator floored and only uses brakes. One hell of a run. I've watched it many times.

Only 5:11, my sentiments exactly. This guy is in a different league, so you'd better practice some more.

SirBerra
I'd watched a replay video of some guy veilsidebrnurburgringminolta (I greatly apologize if I'm wrong) that turned about 4:44.650 or something using the Minolta. It was/is fairly awesome. It seems as though the car is glued to the track or like a movie run at 1.5X. Hurt my eyes to watch. Nailed every corner. There was some talk that he keeps the accelerator floored and only uses brakes. One hell of a run. I've watched it many times.

Only 5:11, my sentiments exactly. This guy is in a different league, so you'd better practice some more.
You know holl01 ??? he is a litle bit faster 4.44,469:sly:

This could help & save some time. Search for a thread called "The 'Ring, the F1, and the Weary one". It goes over several setups for FGT for getting sub 5 minute laps on the 'Ring.

Good luck:tup:

FormulaGT

Latest Posts

Back