Underground Hip-hop?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter SiGNAL
  • 5 comments
  • 596 views
Messages
510
Anyone listen?? Post your favorites

Anticon
Sage Francis
Atmosphere(sometimes)
Aesop Rock
Living legends
Headshots
Benefit

???
 
Latyrx
Lootpack
Peanut Butter Wolf
Dilated Peoples
Jurassic 5 (They aren't really underground anymore)
Ras Kass

Aesop Rock is great, too.
 
Hieroglyphics
Dre Dog
Living Legends
LA Symphony
Atmosphere
Slug
Murs
Black Star
Gangstarr
Rakim (call him underground, he doesn't have anything on MTV)
Sage Francis
 
Gang Starr is far from underground. His video with Jadakiss has been plastered all over MTV Jams for the past month or so. And they're constantly playing old school Rakim videos.

Not to be mean or anything :/

I don't much care for underground hip-hop. I guess it's just because I bust freestyles all the time, and it's nothing new to me about people liking you, but not being on TV.
 
Rakim, in the broadest sense, he very much is underground. Despite MTV's attempts to plug him whenever they mention hip hop, 90% of people here in Jacksonville don't know the guy...

I retract that Gangstarr ish, but I blame that mainly to the fact that I don't watch MTV.

Might as well plug in more underground then...

Aceyalone
Freestyle Fellowship
Saul Williams
Cannibal Ox
 
I don't usually watch MTV either, it's mostly a bunch of crap. I do, however, watch MTV Jams/MTV Hits. 24/7 music videos..Like MTV used to be.
 
Back