Underrated/Overlooked Cars

ScottPuss20

Pretty Kitty
Premium
Australia
Melbourne
ScottPuss20
CheetahsMeow
What are the cars that you think are underrated, deserve more respect or overlooked? I was having such a discussion with my brother the other day and I thought it'd be a good idea to create a thread about it. So here are a few cars that I believe are underrated:

Cobalt SS
2008-chevrolet-cobalt-ss-photo-189427-s-original.jpg

NC MX-5
629919.jpg

Fiat Coupe
IMG_8941.JPG

MKIV Golf R32
IMG_8947.JPG

Lamborghini Gallardo
lamborghini-gallardo-2003-7.jpg

Last edited:
"Underrated" is just code for "other people don't like what I like" and it's idiotic.

Hmm, maybe a better name for this thread would be "Overlooked Cars" or something of that nature. Regardless, I shall continue this trend.

Porsche 968
1670386586264.png

I oddly have a huge affection for this car. Not quite as popular as the 911 of the time period and only produced for a few years, but still has its own place (albeit small) in Porsche's history.

Mine list when I comes to JDM

- Toyota Starlet Glanza V

- Toyota Corolla T Sport

- Toyota Celica T Sport

- Toyota Supra MK2

- Honda Accord Type R

- Honda Prelude

- Honda Beat

- Nissan Skyline R31 GTS-R

- Nissan 300ZX

- Mazda Eunos Cosmo

- Mazda Miata NC

- Mazda MX-6

- Mitsubishi Galant VR-4

What are the cars that you think are underrated, deserve more respect or overlooked? I was having such a discussion with my brother the other day and I thought it'd be a good idea to create a thread about it. So here are a few cars that I believe are underrated:

Cobalt SS
View attachment 1213969

NC MX-5
View attachment 1213970
Fiat Coupe
View attachment 1213971
MKIV Golf R32
View attachment 1213972
Lamborghini Gallardo
View attachment 1213973
Maybe it's a locality thing, but the VW R32 is hardly overlooked in the states. If you can find a clean one under $30k you would be very lucky indeed. I also thing the Gallardo is still hugely sought after, if only for the tuning potential. NC MX5s have held there value very well here as well - the people who want them typically do not want the other generations of MX5 so that tends to keep the demand for them high.

If i remember correctly, in the UK press at least, the NC MX-5 wasn't received as warmly as the previous generations. It was step down in handling feel. The second gen NC2 solved any issues people had with it though, but i guess the damage was done by then - its image was tarnished. It also falls into that hole of not being quite old enough to be a modern classic, but not new enough to appeal to those who want a contemporay car.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a locality thing, but the VW R32 is hardly overlooked in the states. If you can find a clean one under $30k you would be very lucky indeed.
It is a locality thing because I see tonnes of MK7 Golf R's in Australia but hardly any MK4 R32's.
I also thing the Gallardo is still hugely sought after, if only for the tuning potential.
The later versions are sought after but the original from '05 doesn't get a lot of love. That's why I posted it.
NC MX5s have held there value very well here as well - the people who want them typically do not want the other generations of MX5 so that tends to keep the demand for them high.
I can't even remember the last time I saw one.

Back