Understeer on GT-R

• Thread starter ogakio
  • 7 comments
Hardening the rear spring rate and dampers can make it oversteer, it may be harder to drive, but it's faster

Giving the 4WD a little more rear bias should help a little with on-throttle understeer, this can be done easily in race by the realtime adjustments which is handy.

I think a little background is needed before a proper diagnosis can be made. How do you enter a corner with the GTR? Do you brake hard into/through the first part of the corner? Do you lift off into corners? Etc... Etc...

Give us a bit more info and we'll be better equipped to help you out.

;)

Do you use sixaxis? With that, it's too easy to steer from "full lock to full lock". Buy at least Driving Force Pro. It solves many other problems too in your driving when you get used to it.

As far as I'm limited with QTS (I haven't finished A,B and C events) I don't like the way GT-R goes at it's standard. To much understeer. It easily goes slideways and I can hardly catch the right braking point decelerating (when I release throttle and start braking).
I use 4WD 50-50, cuz at other layouts, like 40-60, 35-65, it still understeers entering the corner and has more oversteer at exit.
(hope you understand what i mean and sorry for my english)

maybe you're going into the corners too fast. with awd cars, it's good to enter the corner a bit slower than you would with a rwd car, maybe next time try practicing some trail braking. that might help you out a bit and also try braking at the 200m marker, that way you can play with the amount of braking that you need, just so you can negotiate the corner smoothly without slowing down too much.

Back