understeer questions....

• Thread starter Damo420
  • 5 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
x-The-One-420-x
so been playing gt6 since it come out and one thing is really starting to bug me , turning angle/understeer .... what is the deal with gt and hardly any cars on here that can actually corner ?

its like the second you come off the brake doesnt matter if your coasting , half throttling of even full throttling the cars just wants to run wide and not turn , im no noob as to settings cars up , theres gotta be something im missing with gt because its getting to the point where im having to pretty much drive somewhat of a drift set up just to actually get any cornering

just feels to me like no car wants to turn after 60-70mph
any help would be great because im starting to get very bored of gt very fast due to this

so been playing gt6 since it come out and one thing is really starting to bug me , turning angle/understeer .... what is the deal with gt and hardly any cars on here that can actually corner ?

its like the second you come off the brake doesnt matter if your coasting , half throttling of even full throttling the cars just wants to run wide and not turn , im no noob as to settings cars up , theres gotta be something im missing with gt because its getting to the point where im having to pretty much drive somewhat of a drift set up just to actually get any cornering

just feels to me like no car wants to turn after 60-70mph
any help would be great because im starting to get very bored of gt very fast due to this
Try setting the ballast to +50 then adding as much weight to gain a 50:50 weight distribution. And add a flat floor. This made under steer nearly non existent in the Honda Civic Type R

I was trying the (engine fully upgraded) '70 Challenger Race Car for the Historic Event in IB (I think). It just would not turn into the corners. Being a race car there is not much I can add other than the ballast to improve things and it is low on PP anyway. I had maxxed the downforce so I don't know if reducing it at the rear would have helped.

The race was eventually not an issue as I used another car but the Challenger had some potential.

Try setting the ballast to +50 then adding as much weight to gain a 50:50 weight distribution. And add a flat floor. This made under steer nearly non existent in the Honda Civic Type R

i tryed this also :/ most of my cars have very gd balance front/rear , feels more like the game itself than down to something being unbalanced or a tuning setting slightly off

I noticed more understeer than in GT5, but I think it's more accurate than it was before. I remember if I missed my braking point in GT5, it wasn't the end of the world. Car would just run a bit wide, and I'd lose maybe 2 tenths in the corner. In GT6, the price you pay for missing your braking point is much worse. Comfort tires also seem to give much less grip than before, which I also think is now more accurate. I'm also feeling more appropriate feedback when trying to corner while braking, even just slightly. Car just wants to go straight, and that's how it should be.

I noticed more understeer than in GT5, but I think it's more accurate than it was before. I remember if I missed my braking point in GT5, it wasn't the end of the world. Car would just run a bit wide, and I'd lose maybe 2 tenths in the corner. In GT6, the price you pay for missing your braking point is much worse. Comfort tires also seem to give much less grip than before, which I also think is now more accurate. I'm also feeling more appropriate feedback when trying to corner while braking, even just slightly. Car just wants to go straight, and that's how it should be.

but understeers heavily even if you brake early on a mild angled corner at say speeds of 70mph and then get flat on the throttle in a rwd car thats running RH tyres, thats not right and i really think PD need to work on this , this game is slacking really hard in front end physics , body roll and the effectiveness of toe in/out =( PD you are falling behind immensely on the physics side of things :/

Latest Posts

Back