Unique Jump glitch... twice.

Hey all,

I don't usually post new threads, but this thing's getting under my skin and I'm curious as to whether anyone knows a way around it... Or through it. Whatever.

In my current game of GTA3 (I've incidentally had to restart twice in recent weeks because of accidental deletions), I've encountered two glitches in the unique jump system that I'd never encountered previously. Now, to pre-empt theories relating to my hypothetical inablility to correctly perform the jumps, allow me to point out that this is the fourth time I attempt the full rounds through all the unique stunts, and only the first time I've been incapable of completing them.

Right... So, I do remember reading of a similar glitch in Vice City, though I never had it happen to me. That said, in GTA3, I've been incapable of hitting the unique jump on the bridge between Staunton and Portland... That's the jump on the black-and-yellow hazard ramp on the end of the bridge, Portland side. I've tried a minimum of fifty times by now, in my current game, without success. At least five times, I've managed to land wheels down without so much as grazing the sides, so I know that if there's a specific requirement of that sort, it's been met. Successful jumps such as those put me in the 300-370ft. range using an Infernus.

Now, what I'd read regarding VC jumps was that if a stunt is performed correctly, and the Unique Stunt is about to be rewarded, and something happens (car flips over at the last second, perhaps?) to interrupt the process, then the game registers the unique stunt as having been completed, but the reward and related statistic never occur. Fishy, but it sounds likely here... Any thoughts?

Glitch two: last night, I opened Shoreside Vale. Up until then, I had a stat of 11/20 Unique Jumps complete. That means all jumps on Portland and Staunton islands, minus the aforementioned bridge ramp. I went through the totality of Shoreside, hitting every jump, and collecting the rewards as I went. I *KNOW* I did them all and did them right. After saving, however, and upon checking my stats, I saw that I had a total of 18/20 complete, which means that one of the Shoreside Vale jumps didn't register. I went back and redid them all, and was unable to score a single one - most likely because they'd already been done!!!

So, at what point is it legally acceptable to mail parcels of rotten meat to Rockstar's programming and quality control departments?

What jump are you trying to do now? Is it that grass mound under the bridge. I think you need a cheetah or the rest of the cars jump too short and the infernus jumps too long. or is that the wrong jump?

Originally posted by DoZeRxXx
What jump are you trying to do now? Is it that grass mound under the bridge. I think you need a cheetah or the rest of the cars jump too short and the infernus jumps too long. or is that the wrong jump?

No - but close - he's talking about the one where you drive toward Portland on the bridge and use the black and yellow marker as the ramp - I think from memory (it's been a while) you need to land in the gap between the roadways, not touching the sides (although from experience landing upside down is acceptable).

It's actually on top of the one you're talking about (hence the 'close' comment).

I have had trouble with that jump registering before in restarted games - it can be very picky about what constitutes 'touching' the roadways. I've had problems with most of the jumps, and similar to your experience Shoreside Vale, particularly with the river crossings, has proven problematic.

To respond to your question, I guess now would be the appropriate time to be sending rotten meat to them.

I just read this on another board and its something you can try- evidently it works on vice city but I don't know about GTA3-- supposedly works on the missing package and missing jump glitchs in Vice city--I don't know if it works.

Start a new game, pause it and load your saved game, then try the jump.

If anything, you will only lose a few minutes of your life.

Spuds

Originally posted by Spuds725
I just read this on another board and its something you can try- evidently it works on vice city but I don't know about GTA3-- supposedly works on the missing package and missing jump glitchs in Vice city--I don't know if it works.

Start a new game, pause it and load your saved game, then try the jump.

If anything, you will only lose a few minutes of your life.

Spuds

Hey, thanks! Neat idea. I'll give it a shot later on and see if it works for me.

In the meantime, I've actually restarted a new game, and I did that jump early, in the 'original' Kuruma... I drove to the hideout from the bombed-out Callahan bridge, with 8-Ball, collecting all the Portland packages as I went, and then swung by and nailed the jump (and four others) on the first attempt, on the way to Luigi's introductory mission.

But my stats were better in my other game, so I'm going to try your trick anyway... Knock on wood.

Putrid meat is in transit, however. Still feels justified.

It works. You just have to clear out both blocks. I had a unique jump stunt glitch in GTA3. It marked 19 out of 20 even though I had done all of them.

Latest Posts

Back