Unlock cars

• Thread starter trk29
  • 7 comments
trk29
I recently started playing this game again. I only have 6 cars unlocked. My question is can you unlock all the cars in trophy mode? Because that is what I am playing now to unlock them. I find it hard to find out what cars I need to use to race in trophy mode beacuse you have to call all the way in and then back out, select trophy mode and then it tells you if how many races you have done with that specific car. Is there a easier way to check?

thanks.

It's been a while since I had this in my PS3, but if I remember correctly you can check which car to use by checking the trophy information from the main XMB screen.

You should get another car unlocked with every trophy you win, I did it by doing the challenge mode first which will also unlock new cars as you progress through the various races.

It's been a while since I had this in my PS3, but if I remember correctly you can check which car to use by checking the trophy information from the main XMB screen.

You should get another car unlocked with every trophy you win, I did it by doing the challenge mode first which will also unlock new cars as you progress through the various races.

Thanks for your help I will check today. I raced and came in 3rd overall in the 348 and I didn't get a car in trophy mode only a track. I found it cumbersome by going into showroom picking a car and then backing back out, picking trophy mode to see if I had completed a trophy event with that car.

So let me get this straight because this is how I see it. I have to compete in a trophy race with every car to unlock new cars correct? I also read you can unlock cars in arcade mode right? I am halfway through the challenge mode right now.

p.s. I took a look at the achievements in the main menu. I have won three cars now in trophy mode coming in second. What's weird is that you still unlock the car you win but if you don't place first you don't get the trophy card.

Last edited:
As far as I can recall, you can unlock ALL cars in Trophy mode, but you'll need to win all trophies to do it (I don't think it is necessary to make P1 in all races of each trophy, but definitely you need to win the trophies, or else at least some won't give you a car).

I did one career based on Trophy Mode alone and IIRC it was like this. I did the first challenge race in challenge mode ( think it was Monza, italian Challenge) and by winning it I unlocked a car (a 348 I think). Immediately after I entered that car's trophy. Won it, and a new car. So, next I entered that new car's trophy .... and so on until the end (Ferrari 250 GTO's trophy, I think was the last).

As far as I can recall, you can unlock ALL cars in Trophy mode, but you'll need to win all trophies to do it (I don't think it is necessary to make P1 in all races of each trophy, but definitely you need to win the trophies, or else at least some won't give you a car).

I did one career based on Trophy Mode alone and IIRC it was like this. I did the first challenge race in challenge mode ( think it was Monza, italian Challenge) and by winning it I unlocked a car (a 348 I think). Immediately after I entered that car's trophy. Won it, and a new car. So, next I entered that new car's trophy .... and so on until the end (Ferrari 250 GTO's trophy, I think was the last).

Thanks for the help. Yeah this games menu is a little confusing. Like I said earlier. I would take a car, enter the trophy race and overall I would come in second and still win a car but the trophy card doesn't flip over.

Is it supposed to flip over?

I wish I would've played this game more when I first got it. There is no one online. My G27 works really well with this game except for the clutch. But it beats the hell out of the DS3. I just played with the 355 Berlinetta and love it. I also just won the 360 GT and with all aids off this car sticks surprisingly better than I thought. It sucks I am enjoying this game by myself :)

I guess most FC players have moved on to SCC, a game that is in fact a revised/better edition of FC, with better online, more cars, more tracks, more options, etc. Check out the SCC forum and you'll notice the high level of activity going one over there. One year ago all those guys (myself included) were posting in this forum.

It seems SCC will be released in NA, but there's no certainty. So, you might want to consider importing it.

In any case, if you want send me a PM (PSN ID is GTP_Hun) maybe we can meet in FC this next weekend :)

Back