• 12 comments

RikkiGT-R

GT: IamValhalla
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Rikki_GTR
IamValhalla
I've made a few designs and put them up on the SF over the past month or so, but I've had a couple of messages from people asking me to unlock them. I'm naturally a very suspicious person (suspicious of other people's motives) so I haven't replied.

A couple of questions though...

Why do they want them unlocked?
How do I do this anyway?

They want them unlocked so they can put them on the auction house/storefront to make money from them, the only way to do this is to gift then via friend request, I've never sold a design unlocked as its my work I spent hours on and I'm noitgoing to let someone take the credit for it!

👍

I've gifted a couple of cars to friends, and they had my own designs on them.
Does this also unlock the design, or must I gift the actual design itself?

👍

I've gifted a couple of cars to friends, and they had my own designs on them.
Does this also unlock the design, or must I gift the actual design itself?

Yes. If you work on a design on a car and gift the car, they can modify the design.

They want them unlocked so they can put them on the auction house/storefront to make money from them, the only way to do this is to gift then via friend request, I've never sold a design unlocked as its my work I spent hours on and I'm noitgoing to let someone take the credit for it!

I've also noticed that you can't add cars to a club garage that have locked graphics on it either. So if someone is looking to share something that they created with their club ... and the graphics are locked, Forza 4 won't let you upload your car into the garage.

Anyone else run into this? Found away around it?

I was going to try to save my design, then remove the design, upload the car, then re-apply the design and sync it with the garage car to see if I could bypass the "can not upload due to locked design" bla bla bla.

All because of a few locked manufacturer logo's that I used on my car.

I didn't think manufacturers logos locked designs?? bizarre...

Not the in game ones. Manufacturer logo designs created by someone else because they weren't included in the game initally.

I.E.:
The design I was copying had the Aria logo on it.
arai-logo.jpg

It wasn't listed in the manufacturers logos in Forza 4, so I searched the storefronts for one to use.

I placed it on my car. Now because its placed on my car, I can't upload the design into my clubs garage because that one element is locked because I picked it up from someone's storefront.

I'm kinda bumed as its a nice deisgn, but because a few of the logos are purchased from the storefront, I can't upload it to the club garage to show it off.

No way around it, but why not copy the logo? You can upload it into your livery creator (forgot the proper name of it) and try and copy it using shapes etc.

Yeah, I'm in the middle of "tracing" out some stripes I bought for my '70 Camaro in order to do that.

Is there some way to mirror a design/pattern? It would be nice to only have to do it once, then just to copy and mirror what I already did.

*edit*
Oh, browneyedman I just received your gift. Thank you!!

Yeah, I'm in the middle of "tracing" out some stripes I bought for my '70 Camaro in order to do that.

Is there some way to mirror a design/pattern? It would be nice to only have to do it once, then just to copy and mirror what I already did.!!

If you create a design that doesn' have text, you place it on a car, wherever you
Ike. Then you can copy it once it is one the car. The design will be a mirror image, and in the same place as the original.

Then you can add text.

From side to side, yes that will happen. Something placed on the hood won't do that when placed. Though, I guess I could just place what I have on one side of the car and copy it to the other, group the layers I need and save it as a new design ... then import it into the file I'm actually working on.

I did also find that if you create a design, then group all the layers you can change its size from 1 to -1 and it more or less mirrors the design your working on. though you do have to work with it a little.

Back