Unplayable with G920XBOne 

Germany
Germany
Don't know what the previewers played on XBox, or the Staff from SMS did think it is Gold Status. I did 7 hours today only trying to get this stupid wheel silent. It is shaking. Engine off, wheel ist shaking. Driving, wheel shakes... Nope, there was no testing... Its a Console!
Therefore I tried Indy, Oval... Pole Time 39.xxx sec, my time was 56.xxx sec? Same car...

I hope Microsoft will refund me...

Sorry for my bad english, didn't use it nearly 30 years

Edit: Uninstall and new install... Nothing changed...

Yeah, and the steering wheel in cockpit view does not move in pit box

Last edited:
posted at official forums as well, trying to gain developers attention;

console: Xbox one
Wheel: Logitech G290
game: digital deluxe edition

can't seem to get it calibrated. tried default, tried calibrating, tried different presets (raw, etc). can't seem to get it to work right. never had an issue with pcars1, wheel works fine with all other games.

problem - when trying free practice, soon as pit lane is shown, wheel wants to turn all the way to the left. once press start and hold wheel will then stay center. but once on straightaways will vibrate too much, will jerk right/left if I take my hands off the wheel. can provide more detail and/or video if needed.

big fan of the series, not upset these things happen. know you guys can get it fixed with a patch. in the mean time i'll continue to play with a controller (which works great by the way). keep up the good work.

It’s just a case of spending time with the game and getting a setup you like. It was the same with pCars 1. That being said I am also struggling to get a good setup for my g920. I’ve tried all sorts of different combos for the last few hours and I just can’t seem to get it right. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also really enjoying the pCars 2 so far just need to get my wheel more dialled in.

I'm in the same boat all of the same things are happing to me. Today is my first proper time to sit down and play with the FFB but I feel something is wrong with this wheel. Has anyone got any settings that feel good?

Hi, I have the same problem. There are 2 issues. The shaking that people are getting. and also people may or may not notice, the wheel is more stronger turning right then left. When turning left, after about 90 degrees the wheel basically doesnt provide any back force.

The vibration has something to do with the damper, assetto corsa had the same problem. I messed around with some of the really complicated Custom FFB settings in PC. The problem went away when I turned the Damper force down to 0. However the wheel was way too light.

As for the FFB Bias. In pcars 1 the dropping low speed coeficient used to fix that problem, now the menu item doesn't even exist!

The more I play the more I feel like the g920 is a mess. I just don't feel confident with many of the cars or I do and then I don't. It's really weird

Believe me, I tried every possible combination (0, 25, 50, 75, 100 in ALL Ways)... Light steering to the Left, okay... Light to the Right, okay... Going Straight? No Way...
XBOX is a closed Sytem, it is impossible to say "Your System was not tested".

Ian Bell did only PR on this Site, nothing else. It worked.

Our FFB/physics coder is working on the XB1-G920 situation, for now he gives these instructions:

"In the immediate short term, switch to Informative (away from Immersive) for G920 on XB1. This mitigates the issue, but does not totally solve it. edit: and reduce volume as much as you can live with...just for now. (reducing volume on Immersive doesn't really help. You need to be on Informative or Raw for volume to mitigate the issue at all).

The rest of the issue is indeed found and fixed in code now, and will make it into a patch."

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...20-FFB-issue&p=1363502&viewfull=1#post1363502

Our FFB/physics coder is working on the XB1-G920 situation, for now he gives these instructions:

"In the immediate short term, switch to Informative (away from Immersive) for G920 on XB1. This mitigates the issue, but does not totally solve it. edit: and reduce volume as much as you can live with...just for now. (reducing volume on Immersive doesn't really help. You need to be on Informative or Raw for volume to mitigate the issue at all).

The rest of the issue is indeed found and fixed in code now, and will make it into a patch."

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...20-FFB-issue&p=1363502&viewfull=1#post1363502

Thank you. Xbox one / g290 owner eagerly awaiting the patch.

@The_American what exactly has been fixed? Because the extremely violent vibrations I get everytime I try and create a custom race are at this point game breaking.
Nothing has been fixed yet, the fix is coming up in a patch. We are testing it in-house now.

For now, follow the instructions above

Also with my G29 (PS3/PS4 version) I couldn't play unless I "reset default" and then I could tune my setup. I moved the wheel 3-4mm and the car was at full lock.

60699661-C3E6-4202-9343-C0D6CC6ACE7A.jpeg
D4BD1115-D1A6-4489-8520-E6AA621E4548.jpeg
I have some settings for you G920 guys to try. I also have this wheel and have a pretty good setup for it.

Last edited:
I've found FFB settings that feel good but I can't race because everytime I get onto the track in a custom race I have violent jarring vibrations coming through my wheel. Does not happen in private testing and sometimes rarely online. Hope this is part of the fix!

I've found FFB settings that feel good but I can't race because everytime I get onto the track in a custom race I have violent jarring vibrations coming through my wheel. Does not happen in private testing and sometimes rarely online. Hope this is part of the fix!

It is yes. This was an odd one as it was fine for us in testing and it's fine for others now without the patch. See here for example:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...a-G920-patch&p=1367138&viewfull=1#post1367138
I say fine but some are saying it's excellent!

We've identified an edge case issue though and fixed it and it's coming in the next patch. So all will have it feeling 'excellent!' (hopefully... :) )

Thanks @IanBell. When it works it does feel excellent, just luck of the draw right now as to if it works or not. Can't wait for the patch so I can finally get into this game!

Back