Unpopular Opinions- Cars in General

• Thread starter Turbo
  • 1,713 comments
I don't know if I'm articulating this very well, but I think it's very possible to be a 911 enthusiast without being a car enthusiast...and it bothers me. Don't get me wrong, the 911 should be celebrated as an enduring icon, but it's not the only icon out there.
Like it or not, the enthusiasts are the ones in the bubble, as a bit of a minority. Lots of people just want a nice shiny car to drive, and leave it at that without much second thought.

I'd go out on a limb and say that's entirely possible with owners of every make and model of sporty car, because that's what I see. While I don't get to hobnob with most nor many of the exotic car customers, even towards the less stratospheric spending limits, there's going to be plenty of owners that just want a fancy/cool/fast/different car without really caring much about the rest of the automotive industry, history, mechanical know-how, current sales spectrum, motor sports, et cetera ad infinitum.

Last edited:
Like it or not, the enthusiasts are the ones in the bubble, as a bit of a minority. Lots of people just want a nice shiny car to drive, and leave it at that without much second thought.

I'd go out on a limb and say that's entirely possible with owners of every make and model of sporty car, because that's what I see. While I don't get to hobnob with most nor many of the exotic car customers, even towards the less stratospheric spending limits, there's going to be plenty of owners that just want a fancy/cool/fast/different car without really caring much about the rest of the automotive industry, history, current spectrum, motor sports, et cetera.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1712674153822.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712674153822.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 3

I'd go out on a limb and say that's entirely possible with owners of every make and model of sporty car, because that's what I see. While I don't get to hobnob with most nor many of the exotic car customers, even towards the less stratospheric spending limits, there's going to be plenty of owners that just want a fancy/cool/fast/different car without really caring much about the rest of the automotive industry, history, mechanical know-how, current sales spectrum, motor sports, et cetera ad infinitum.
Definitely. It just seems particularly...pointed...with the Porsche 911.

Definitely. It just seems particularly...pointed...with the Porsche 911.

I mean, it's still the only brand I've seen and overheard a customer that actually drove to the service department and causally complained about a metallic grinding noise at 150-160mph when downshifting at the end of a straight.

Everyone else: I have Bluetooth problems, but I left the phone at home, can you still fix it under warranty?

Last edited:
Back