Unrealistic countersteering.

Tina Branford

(Banned)
United States
United States
Yeah as it stands GT4 has horrid issues with fighting you when your countersteering or trying purely trying to get out of a spin. It's limiting any enjoyment in the game by a long shot. I am using the DFP on Professional steering setting(simulation was no better) with steering aids traction aids etc on 0 or weak with N3 tires. If I turn the wheel ever so gently at high speeds my RX-7 gets it tail end loose and the wheel fights me from correcting the spin literally it's like trying to arm wrestle the wheel just to save myself. In GT3 correcting ones car from a spin was in the realm of possibility with the wheel if playing on professional steering response why is GT4 screwed up? Is there anyway to make the game cooperate and let you countersteer or get out of spins? If not all I can say is wow.. friggin wow it will surely be a factor that makes me never want to touch a gt game again. In between GT3's cruddy prize car system and GT4s apparent lack of steering realism it'd be enough to make me forgo the series entirely.

However if anyone can help me with this issue I may be able to hopefully enjoy GT.

Never mind everyone sorry. I just remembered something. I had this issue before but it only occurs when driving to the limit with economy tire like I did when I asked this. I now remember that when I used to play this a lot in 2008 with the G25 I always used the basic sports tires. The funny thing is that with the economy(so called sim tires) the cars actually perform way inferior to their real life counterparts. With the basic sports tires they actually replicate real life specs. For example the 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A has a real world 0-60 of 4.7 secs and in GT4 with the sports tires it does exactly that with the proper 3900 rpm 5/6th throttle launch. With the 'supposed' sim tires the best it managed even after like 50 launch attempts with differing throttle and rpms was always significantly far removed and inferior to real life ie 6.3 secs!

So in conclusion to get a real to life feel in GT4 it seems you have to use the basic sports tires anyways. I'm gonna play it and actually have fun again tomorrow like the old days.

PS I remember doing 7:42 in a stock Spirit R Type A with the basic grade sports tires and the g25 in 2008.. I hope I can manage that time after adjusting to this game again soon.

I quit playing GT forever today. I come to realize at 30 years old that GT is pretty horrible series especially for a perfectionist. I can't stand the game anymore the sense of success and accomplishment in getting golds is not worth the energy, effort and time invested. I got all golds once but that was when I was a teen with more time on my hands. Sadly the frustration these games bring me is too great to suffer through. I know of way more rewarding video games ie Final Fantasy, Zelda, Mario, games basically actual fun experiences that even for a perfectionist are quit rewarding. It feels weird but after 17.75 years of playing the GT franchise I'm done forever. This will be my last post here and al my GT data is gone I purified my memory cards of the games data(thank goodness.) Next up selling my wheel or keeping it for my nephew.

Nice talking to you all though when spanning 3 accounts since 2006.

Well it turns out that I really regret deleting my data. Good thing I only started my game on GT4 two days before deleting it. I'll play it again someday but I live in an upstairs apartment and intensely playing GT with a wheel probably disturbs the neighbors downstairs. I'll have to possibly wait till I have a real cockpit set up and my own house(not apartment) before playing again.

I'll play it again someday but I live in an upstairs apartment and intensely playing GT with a wheel probably disturbs the neighbors downstairs.
Is your wheel that loud? Loud speakers issue can be negotiated with headphones.

Also, after years spent in GTPSP, I find GT4's handling somewhat wacky and understeer-ish. But then, I'm a lamer who uses a controller instead of a steering wheel setup.

Well it turns out that I really regret deleting my data. Good thing I only started my game on GT4 two days before deleting it. I'll play it again someday but I live in an upstairs apartment and intensely playing GT with a wheel probably disturbs the neighbors downstairs. I'll have to possibly wait till I have a real cockpit set up and my own house(not apartment) before playing again.

Try GT5 or 6 before you give up on the series completely.
GT5 did take a jump over 4 and was significantly improved.

Dude my GT4 file is going friggin great now! Looking through my first 3 posts makes me lol. I fly off the handle way too easy sometimes, jeez.

Well my progress is well. I have all golds on the B, A, IB, and most of the IA license now. I'm still finding my steering wheel to be a little to loud and my neighbors have banged at my wall three times even at 5pm when playing so it must be loud through the wall even. I wish I knew how to make my wheel quieter. Sim wheels from my exp seem to become loud when rotated in one direction past the 90 degree mark... I wonder why?

By the way thank you all for the encouragement to continue. I'll make sure I get ahold of my temper and this thread will be the last time I have any negative emotionally driven rant topics.

I'm still finding my steering wheel to be a little to loud and my neighbors have banged at my wall three times even at 5pm when playing so it must be loud through the wall even.
What wheel that is? Never heard of a wheel that would be so loud it would make neighbors bang at your wall.

Back