"Unstable but Fast" Tune

Philippines
Laguna
Alpha_Cipher1
Hello! I've read that back in the very early days of GTS, Sport mode tuning was allowed. While that topic is a rather controversial one, I'm not interested in that topic itself, but rather the claim that some Aliens would tune their own cars to make an unstable tune that's undeniably faster, but isn't exactly an easy car to drive.

Has anyone got a "special" tune like this? It can be any car, I'm more interested in how the tune drives :)

It can be advice as well, as to how to make the car the fastest it can be, with no regard to ease of use. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Interesting... I don't understand how an unstable tune would be helpful in GT Sport, as there's no Performance Points system to necessitate it. When there was a PP system, like in GT5 Prologue, everything was factored into it, including tyres. So, you always had to choose between power & tyres would thus be forced into compromising, ending up with some unstable tunes as a result. I remember some of them fondly, they were a lot of fun to drive!

VBR
Interesting... I don't understand how an unstable tune would be helpful in GT Sport, as there's no Performance Points system to necessitate it. When there was a PP system, like in GT5 Prologue, everything was factored into it, including tyres. So, you always had to choose between power & tyres would thus be forced into compromising, ending up with some unstable tunes as a result. I remember some of them fondly, they were a lot of fun to drive!
I don't quite understand it either, hence my curiosity :)

Hello! I've read that back in the very early days of GTS, Sport mode tuning was allowed. While that topic is a rather controversial one, I'm not interested in that topic itself, but rather the claim that some Aliens would tune their own cars to make an unstable tune that's undeniably faster, but isn't exactly an easy car to drive.

Has anyone got a "special" tune like this? It can be any car, I'm more interested in how the tune drives :)

It can be advice as well, as to how to make the car the fastest it can be, with no regard to ease of use. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey AC, like you I've read these sayings about unstable, undriveable "alien setups" - storytelling, some very individual impressions imo.
I like timetrialing and you can imagine, I've done a lot of them GT5 / 6 seasonals. I always tried to get one of these setups - they obviously were the quickest ( an alien wouldn't use them otherwise :lol: ) on one hand, and I wanted the best possible comparison between my driving skill and theirs on the other.
There hasn't been one that I would've ever called unstable ( can you run a world record with an unstable car :odd: ).
They all needed adopting of course, practicing the car / track combo was necessary and you had to refine your inputs according to the setup. I think there's been people that had problems with let's say an extremely fast rotating car for example - but that's it.
I'm sure, you wouldn't have any problems with the craziest "alien setups" ever 👍.

PS
Don't know nothing about GT5P as @VBR mentioned, could be another story.

Last edited:
Extreme settings in GTS are not so radical as in GT6 or 5.
Most of the cars have in GTS will have controlable behaviors even with the most agressive pro oversteer settings , all this because the setting window offered by the actual game is not so wide than before.
For GR3 cars unstable fast tune , take the Alfa Gr3 for example or the Renault and set:

-Ride height max rear mini front
-springs max rear mini front
-Comp max rear mini front
- Extension max front mini rear
- stock camber front rear ( good tool to fine tune after first test)
- TOE 0 frnt 0 rear to start with
-Downforce max front mini rear ( also good tool to fine tune after first test)

You will have the most agressive setup this way . Undrivable for most of us but very fast for some few aliens because they will be able to stay on the edge of this crazy setup , max front grip together with a max rear end rotaion to complete a turn .

Most of the cars have in GTS will have controlable behaviors even with the most agressive pro oversteer settings , all this because the setting window offered by the actual game is not so wide than before.
For GR3 cars unstable fast tune , take the Alfa Gr3 for example or the Renault and set:

You will have the most agressive setup this way . Undrivable for most of us but very fast for some few aliens because they will be able to stay on the edge of this crazy setup , max front grip together with a max rear end rotaion to complete a turn .

Thanks for posting this - will sure try whether I can handle that :scared::cheers: ...

Humble question from a non-alien / non-tuner :
Wouldn't the "most of us" be unable to drive any setup on the edge like aliens can ?

Last edited:
Hey AC, like you I've read these sayings about unstable, undriveable "alien setups" - storytelling, some very individual impressions imo.
I like timetrialing and you can imagine, I've done a lot of them GT5 / 6 seasonals. I always tried to get one of these setups - they obviously were the quickest ( an alien wouldn't use them otherwise :lol: ) on one hand, and I wanted the best possible comparison between my driving skill and theirs on the other.
There hasn't been one that I would've ever called unstable ( can you run a world record with an unstable car :odd: ).
They all needed adopting of course, practicing the car / track combo was necessary and you had to refine your inputs according to the setup. I think there's been people that had problems with let's say an extremely fast rotating car for example - but that's it.
I'm sure, you wouldn't have any problems with the craziest "alien setups" ever 👍.

PS
Don't know nothing about GT5P as @VBR mentioned, could be another story.
Yeah, maybe "unstable" was not the right word :lol: and I agree with you, these cars probably need special driving styles to match their characteristics. :)

Thank you for posting :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Can't wait to try this out later!

IMO, The way of the unstable tune exploited the way the tyres would loose grip to gain rotation on corner exit. TCS at level 2 acted more like stability control. It activated when the car was sliding sideways so the car could be got to rotate massively on corner exit (i.e spinning) and TCS would catch it for you, the car sort of stepped around the corner in this weird feeling grip, slip, grip, slip action.

Yes I know the car should be faster without TCS, but in the beginning the cars would spin super easy when on throttle, so more time was lost babying the throttle rather than just nailing it and letting the TCS sort out the issues...

I think I have a clip of a quali lap at the Nurburgring GP using such a setup, I shall see if I can dig it up, not sure if I still have a setup on a car though, Lots of rake, max downforce, short 6th gear is about all I can remember.

Clip added, it is 8 months old and the game has changed in that time so bear that in mind when looking at lap times ;)

IMO, The way of the unstable tune exploited the way the tyres would loose grip to gain rotation on corner exit. TCS at level 2 acted more like stability control. It activated when the car was sliding sideways so the car could be got to rotate massively on corner exit (i.e spinning) and TCS would catch it for you, the car sort of stepped around the corner in this weird feeling grip, slip, grip, slip action.

Yes I know the car should be faster without TCS, but in the beginning the cars would spin super easy when on throttle, so more time was lost babying the throttle rather than just nailing it and letting the TCS sort out the issues...

I think I have a clip of a quali lap at the Nurburgring GP using such a setup, I shall see if I can dig it up, not sure if I still have a setup on a car though, Lots of rake, max downforce, short 6th gear is about all I can remember.

Clip added, it is 8 months old and the game has changed in that time so bear that in mind when looking at lap times ;)

Thanks! :)

Interesting :) I have one of his tunes loaded up in my car and I must say, it's a very stable tune. It's fast for sure, I feel really confident and I can push it really hard, but not necessarily "unstable fast". I'll check this tune out to see if it's what I'm looking for :)

I think you need to roll back the game to get the early physics / conditions / assists, etc, that the car was setup to work with, I am not sure if that it even possible considering the closed nature of GT Sport offline.

Yup! The R.S. 01 tune that praiano recommended was amazingly fast, but if you steer even a degree too much snap oversteer would occur. It feels like it has the turn-in of a Bugatti VGT Gr. 1, without the additional downforce and AWD stability to keep the rear in check. I still feel like I'm driving it safe though- there's definitely at least a second left on the table in that tune that I can't reach

Back