unusual bug when duping cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Skygrasper550
  • 4 comments
  • 942 views

Skygrasper550

Just another Gran Turismo fan
Premium
Messages
3,263
Philippines
Philippines
Messages
skygrasper_550--
I've looked around to see if there's a 2.09 bug tracker, since there's not, and I'm only interested in one bug at the moment, I might as well create a thread for it. This has been going on for quite a while, ever since the 2.09 update, but I just got the urge to talk about it now LOL :D

As the title suggests, there's this bug when you attempt to duplicate cars in GT5, over from one account and user profile to another account and user profile on the same PS3. My method of duping is that, I first back up my save on my "repository" account, send the car, then overwrite the new save with the old one. This is when the "bug" happens to the duped car. Once you check on the duped car to make sure it's still there, 1) its thumbnail on the garage won't appear, OR 2) its thumbnail will appear, but in the original paint that you bought it with. #1 happened to me when I tried to duplicate a regular Toyota Sprinter AE86 and a Ruf BTR (those things are hard to come by, especially the Trueno AE86 :ouch:). #2 happened to me just now, I duped my Spoon EK9, but when I checked it out after the dupe, it's in Championship White color (I re-painted it with Sunny Yellow a long time ago).

Anyone else encountered this problem?
 
I've been duping since 2.07, same thing happens every time. I just press triangle and create thumbnail.

I've duped around 20 tuned Imprezas. Either the original that was duped has no thumbnail, or it shows the car as I bought it, no aftermarket parts etc. I press create thumbnail and then the thumbnail picture is lowered, has a wing, BBS rims and all.
 
I've been duping since 2.07, same thing happens every time. I just press triangle and create thumbnail.

weird, that bug thing or whatever didn't happen right before 2.09, or a certain update. hmmm, yeah I've thought of doing that, but I was just curious as to how this bug suddenly appeared.
 
weird, that bug thing or whatever didn't happen right before 2.09, or a certain update. hmmm, yeah I've thought of doing that, but I was just curious as to how this bug suddenly appeared.

Fair enough - has happened to me and two of my friends every time we dupe a car.
 
This has been like this for close to a year, the fix for this is to either: when in your garage press triangle on the missing thumbnail and press "create thumbnail" this will give you the proper image if the car is unpaintable.. However if you have painted a car you may get the right color you may not (its hit and miss) the solution to this is either to share your car then unshair or simply paint the car to a new color and create the thumbnail again 👍 .. Hope this helps you all!
 
Back