Unusual URL highlights

  • Thread starter Thread starter 3-Wheel Drive
  • 6 comments
  • 609 views
Messages
1,795
Okay, you know how when your on the internet, and you place the cursor over a url or picture, a little yellow box pops up, with a despriction and whatnot?
Well I seem to get a date set in the ones I get. It seems about one of every four or five highlights on certain sites I see have the date "Jan. 25 1994" stuck right in the middle, between to of the words. What is up with that? The date shown never changes. If it's there, it's Jan. 25 1994. What could it possibly mean?

I've attached a screenshot (pic was taken today, while logged on here):
 

Attachments

  • strange.jpg
    strange.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 51
DQuaN
You might want to move this to the Site Feedback Forum
I would, if this only occured on this site. However, "Jan. 25 1994" shows up in the middle of link/pic highlights on many other sites too. I just used GTP as an example. This happens to me on many different websites, not just this one.
 
Are you using Mozilla Firefox?

Can you post up some more screen shots so we can get a better idea about what is going on?

First idea is that it's spyware. Run a spyware scan on your PC.
 
It is a Firefox Bug, because in title attributes FF does not display new lines. All it does is dumps some random charater on the title, and it is diffrent for what font you use. For example
Code:
<a href="demo.php" title="The demo
This is a demo">test</a>
Firefox will display that as:
The Demostrange acsiiThis is a demo

Demo:
http://www.nitrorccarcentral.uk.to/community/test.html
 
Weird. So if I changed fonts in Firefox, I'd get somthing else stuck in highlights? Is there a fix to this bug, or am I stuck with the random, meaningless date?
 
Back