Unusually Slow Loading?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabest2500
  • 11 comments
  • 1,610 views
Messages
3,490
Messages
dabest2500
No idea whether this is linked with the Japan disaster or not, but I've recently started having problems with GT5.
When I use internet related functions, such as collecting prizes from remote racing, it takes a good 5-6 minutes of waiting before the next screen appears. I would press receive prizes and wait for quite a while.
Also, when starting up the game, the GT5 logo (just before the GT5 Intro movie) takes really long to move on.
When I disconnect from PSN, it works fine.
I've also noticed that when signed into PSN, my PS3 randomly signs out of it sometimes.
Any help?
 
No idea whether this is linked with the Japan disaster or not, but I've recently started having problems with GT5.
When I use internet related functions, such as collecting prizes from remote racing, it takes a good 5-6 minutes of waiting before the next screen appears. I would press receive prizes and wait for quite a while.
Also, when starting up the game, the GT5 logo (just before the GT5 Intro movie) takes really long to move on.
When I disconnect from PSN, it works fine.
I've also noticed that when signed into PSN, my PS3 randomly signs out of it sometimes.
Any help?

It won't have anything to do with the earthquake. Your servers will be in Europe somewhere.
 
Any idea how I can resolve this problem?
:)
 
Any idea how I can resolve this problem?
:)

If you have more than 35-40 PSN/in game friends, remove some.
Keep it under 30.
When i've reached about 40-45 the game was taking forever to load.

EDIT:
How can I do this?
"Options" >> (Scroll down to) "Network" >> press X at "Clear system Cache"
 
Last edited:
Oh, loads of people added me for remote racing.
But remote racing has died down a bit, so I think I'll remove them now.
I'll try this tomorrow though, Bob is 4 hours into Tsukuba 9 hours (for the 5th time).
 
Thanks very very much everyone :)
This solved my problem :D
 
There you have it, ;)
Some times after returning to Home screen from Online racing i had to disconnect from PSN, cause GT5 wasnt reacting at all :S.
After deleting some people from PSN that we have never talked or we just did 1 trade, GT5 came back to normal.
I just checked it and now I have 26 GT5 friends and it works fine. :)

btw....I owe you the C8 Replay.... i'll sent you a pm in 10-15 minutes.
 
My friends list is down to a nice 24 :D

The 8C replay?
I don't remember this...
 
Oh right!
Yes, how can I forget that blasted event...
What was your time in it?
 
Back