Update 1.09 (help please)!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kent
  • 3 comments
  • 1,885 views

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
Messages
8,191
United States
Southern Louisiana
Messages
GTP_Kent
Ive tried searching and posting in the ps forum...

When doing my updates there is a four pack, upon downloading the first packet it will DL to 99% and then give an error meaning to check my connection.

I know its not the connection, I know its not the saved file (both have been tested and even erased the save at one point). Playstation customer service has done everything possible and still cant fix it, cableone has everything opened (I play all kinds of stuff like blackops without problems online).

Any suggestions for me to get the dlc?

Would a new disc have the content installed already?
Would dl to pc and usb upload to ps3 do it?
Maybe dl to ps3 from the ps3 browser?

Any help will be hugely appreciated as getting 1.09 (all four patches needed) will allow me to go online again.

Thanks again!
 
Wait doesn't GT5 Uses a recoverable Update system. This means..........
When you down load the update the data is stored from the last download point and restarted from were it left off. if your ISP is timing out that bad. you just keep restarting. setting up a tempary DMZ on the router gets over any new unlisted ports required on the new PSN.
And one last thing ISPs CS Lie all the time. Traffic shaping whats that, yea right .

GT5 Does not store the Data online on open servers (would be a MASSIVE security and Hacking problem if they did bad enough with the firmware online) and the patch is applied with the Game BD only .
No re-issue... no Game of the Year version or Playstation classics or......
16245591_500x500_1-1.png

Yet.

Try picking up your PS3 and moving it to a friends or work to do the download depends how far they are...
 
Last edited:
If your doing it wireless try over ethernet!
 
Current ethernetted so Im going to try on another connection this weekend. The people at sony said it was the game server so I really dont know what it is but I will update until I get this fixed.
 
Back