update 1.41 disk space issue

Colombia
Colombia
my PS4 has over 59GB of space and I get an error message telling me that there is not enough space to download the update. Pleas Anyone can offer me solutions for this issue. Thanks

Welcome to GTP! :cheers: You need to have enough disc space for the PS4 to make a complete copy of the game in order for it to work, not just enough to download the update. I can’t remember what the actual size is, hopefully someone else will know that answer. :)

You probably need close to 100gb of space for it to work. I had to buy a 2tb external hard drive awhile back because most games these days take up a lot of space, I think my ps4 only has 500gb of space or something.

Last edited:
my PS4 has over 59GB of space and I get an error message telling me that there is not enough space to download the update. Pleas Anyone can offer me solutions for this issue. Thanks
It needs the same size spare area on the HD as the size of the game. If your broadband is fast enough delete GTS and then download it again. It will be patched to the latest version and will fit on your drive.

It needs the same size spare area on the HD as the size of the game. If your broadband is fast enough delete GTS and then download it again. It will be patched to the latest version and will fit on your drive.

For this last update 1.41, it took me just about 1min30sex to download it onto my 1Tb PS4, but it took a the system about 25 min to install and replace the file...

seems like all files need to be replaced for new one (from Update file)
Yes, this is how all PS4 updates work. The PS4 makes a copy of the entire game, installs the update into the copy, and then deletes the old version of the game.

You need enough free space to do that, so for any update you need as much free space as the game itself occupies plus the space the update will occupy.

Back