Update 1.6 effecting cars????

• Thread starter Fitzy2020
  • 6 comments
England
England
Hi all.
I'm new here so hopefully this hasn't been asked already.

Since the latest update... 1.6.... Me and my mate have noticed that the cars seems different.

Let me explain...

We have been competing against each other for a while now on mount panarama using the same car (Renault rs 01) same bhp (550) same weight (1220) and same tyres (supersofts) . We also drive with no driving aids... Abs off, stability off, traction control off etc etc. This has taken some getting used to, especially on this track due to the fast tight downhill section.

Now before the latest update (1.6) we were setting times in the 1.58 region. And our slowest times were consistently in the 1.59 region. But since the update, we are struggling to get under 2 minutes. I know it doesn't sound alot but in racing, as I'm sure you're aware, it's a huge gap. We have both said the car feels alot more slippery and twitchy and just doesn't handle the same anymore.

Now the update doesn't say anything about them messing with the cars, although they have changed how they collide, but it's very strange how we have both noticed the exact same thing.

Has anyone else noticed the cars feel different since the update?

Ok, I thought it might have been a hangover.... but I had no hangover today and was reasonably sharp. I was just a 10th away from my best in the Raptor Time Trial!
Anyway, for the first time in a very long time, I came SECOND in the La Sarthe Nostalgic race in my trusty Jag. :nervous:
Couldn't believe it! I was going for the clean race bonus (I'm down to my last 8 million credits) so, as usual, hung back at the beginning to avoid incidents, then overtook most on the straights. Usually about 8 to 9 seconds behind lead at the start of lap 2...... today, 19 seconds behind a 330 P4 that had just blistering speed. I was 3 seconds behind at the finish. :irked:
I decided to "retry" with the same pack, but gave up on the clean race bonus at the start, scraping against a few of the slow-coaches. I won but had to put in one of my fastest laps on this track to do it..... I think somethings been tweaked!

@Fitzy2020, where have you gone, you only have one post?

Ok, I thought it might have been a hangover.... but I had no hangover today and was reasonably sharp. I was just a 10th away from my best in the Raptor Time Trial!
Anyway, for the first time in a very long time, I came SECOND in the La Sarthe Nostalgic race in my trusty Jag. :nervous:
Couldn't believe it! I was going for the clean race bonus (I'm down to my last 8 million credits) so, as usual, hung back at the beginning to avoid incidents, then overtook most on the straights. Usually about 8 to 9 seconds behind lead at the start of lap 2...... today, 19 seconds behind a 330 P4 that had just blistering speed. I was 3 seconds behind at the finish. :irked:
I decided to "retry" with the same pack, but gave up on the clean race bonus at the start, scraping against a few of the slow-coaches. I won but had to put in one of my fastest laps on this track to do it..... I think somethings been tweaked!

@Fitzy2020, where have you gone, you only have one post?

Ahhhh, so knowing its not the hangover, what do you think? I'm sure they have done something to the cars themselves. Including them being slower than they were.

I was racing last night in a car I know well (a different one) and I just couldn't keep up, especially in the corners. I should add, the car in question is phenomenal in the corners. But last night, I couldn't do anything to make it grip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh, so knowing its not the hangover, what do you think? I'm sure they have done something to the cars themselves. Including them being slower than they were.

I was racing last night in a car I know well (a different one) and I just couldn't keep up, especially in the corners. I should add, the car in question is phenomenal in the corners. But last night, I couldn't do anything to make it grip.

I'll need to do more research but as far as I can see my car is as fast as usual but the AI has got faster! And, in some cases, a bit more aggressive!
I will try the Gr.1 tomorrow, I know my times very well there, and get back with a report!

By the way, welcome to the forum, there's a great bunch here and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Back