Update Appreciation

  • Thread starter Thread starter doolan89
  • 28 comments
  • 2,474 views
Messages
14
Messages
doolan89
Most people complain about the new updates, but this latest update has enabled me to buy something I thought I would never be able to get whilst playing the game.

Due to the insane reward system that is now in place for seasonals, and for the time trials and drifting, coupled with half price OCD cars.. I now have my beloved Mercedes CLK-LM Race Car.

:cheers: :D

I am so happy, i have adored this car for so many years.. back to when i had a die cast model with which i used to imagine winning countless races. Now i can use it on GT to win countless races!

So, PD, here is my appreciation... thankyou!

What things have you appreciated out of the new updates? Maybe the quick money has allowed you to buy something you didnt have the patience to do prior. All i know is, i cant be happier.

👍
 
Wait, there are rewards for the time trials and drifting now?

What I really appreciate for is the half price from the OCD, and also the fact that it's brand new. Money have been really hard to get since the PSN dilemma.
 
Loving this update!! loved drifting before so prizes now is awesome, I intend to have an OCD full of checked cars as well.
 
Zero miles - half price cars in the online dealership, triple prize money to pay for them and new tickets to win. What's not to like? A good update in my book. 👍
 
Shame PSN isn't up for us Hong Kong users, especially when it's been down for the best part of 3 months now…and what's in the OCD anyways? Haven't checked since 3 months ago when it was last online for us… and what's the pay out for the events?
 
I just logged in to create a thread like this :).

I actually really like the ability to change helmets/ suits and to use 1 of 9 poses as a profile picture. Theres also a new menu movie, which probably shows all the helmets and suits. There's also a stig helmet in there! :D.

Also being able to buy parts without going to tuning section is really good, and we finally get money for time trials and drifting events..

PD is getting closer to bringing this game to a GT-worthy level. I think what we should expect in patches from them are tweaks like menu changes, possibility to select weather and time of day, in-race saves, 'easy' tweaks like that.

Perhaps in some time we might get a spec II, or some DLC, a premium veyron should be obvious along with some tracks we're still missing. But, for now patches like these are great. I just hope we can expect a patch like this every month, Sony is probably giving them money for it because they need to keep people away from Forza..
 
I just logged in to create a thread like this :).

I actually really like the ability to change helmets/ suits and to use 1 of 9 poses as a profile picture. Theres also a new menu movie, which probably shows all the helmets and suits. There's also a stig helmet in there! :D.

Also being able to buy parts without going to tuning section is really good, and we finally get money for time trials and drifting events..

PD is getting closer to bringing this game to a GT-worthy level. I think what we should expect in patches from them are tweaks like menu changes, possibility to select weather and time of day, in-race saves, 'easy' tweaks like that.

Perhaps in some time we might get a spec II, or some DLC, a premium veyron should be obvious along with some tracks we're still missing. But, for now patches like these are great. I just hope we can expect a patch like this every month, Sony is probably giving them money for it because they need to keep people away from Forza..

Best comment I've heard all week. +1
 
Finally they released a proper update :D
 
Finally they released a proper update :D

I love everything about this update, but there's just one thing missing...

GT Driver's Club!

Bring it on!
 
The only thing I like in this in this update is the fact that the back button now almost always takes you back, instead of to another icon that you have to click X on. But it still doesn't work in the online area, & strangely when you view a car description in the Dealership the Triangle suddenly becomes the back button! :lol:

Well, at least they're making some kind of token effort to streamline the clunky menu.



:indiff:
 
Last edited:
I love everything about this update, but there's just one thing missing...

GT Driver's Club!

Bring it on!

Well, I think it has something to do with the expert races no?
 
Well, I think it has something to do with the expert races no?

Perhaps. They did mention online prizes as one of the features, but also said there would be more details in the future... which so far is none.

However, if this is it, I'm cool. Just wish somebody would say something rather than leading us to believe another feature is in the works.
 
I really love this update, possibility to choose helmets and racing suits (and to win them by racing seasonal events), the new seasonal events, OCD with 0 mileage cars at half price, buy parts in tunning menu, AI tweaks, faster menu navigation, mid-championship saves and correction of some bugs. PD is going in right direction, just needs to shorten the gap between updates.
 
Nice man!

I need to hurry up and eat my breakfast so i can play some GT5 and get this new update.
 
Can't say I'm particularly impressed tbh. Lack of endurance saves is crazy considering the amount of time since Kaz confirmed it was coming.

I need more than a couple of flashy helmet designs (which I don't seem to be able to use anyhow) to stop thinking of GT5 as the weakest GT game in the series.
 
Best bit for me?

They have fixed the bug that kicks spectators from shuffle rooms at the end of a race
 
Best bit for me?

They have fixed the bug that kicks spectators from shuffle rooms at the end of a race

ah, so that wasn't just happening to me then:tup:
 
Loving this update!! loved drifting before so prizes now is awesome, I intend to have an OCD full of checked cars as well.

i only needed to buy 3 cars.

glad i havent touched the seasonals till now
 
Last edited:
ALP1986
Can't say I'm particularly impressed tbh. Lack of endurance saves is crazy considering the amount of time since Kaz confirmed it was coming.

I need more than a couple of flashy helmet designs (which I don't seem to be able to use anyhow) to stop thinking of GT5 as the weakest GT game in the series.

Well, you can in-race save championship races, which for new players can be helpful. But I agree, it was promised for the endurance races and not there. And I for one won't be pausing my system for hours on end to do them. I guess I'll be buying lots of red bull!
 
It's installing right now.

Weight distribution & cash for Time Trials. It's about time and damn am I stoked about it!

I went from 1.07 - 1.10 2 stage 48mb then a 380mb. Looks promising.
 
I think now PD is starting to do more for us, which hopefully they use to their advantage so GT6 can be a amazing game. Meanwhile, I thank them for making the effort to make a proper update to the game such as the recent update!
 
Last edited:
Anything new is good, even if it's a patch with a lot of minor tweaks they'll all add up. Rewards other than cash for seasonals (which are actually challenging yet still pay out quite well) is a great idea, I always wished that the previous style of seasonals would have prize cars...
 
I appreciate the update. Buying items in the tuning menu without having to exit an event is a nice idea.

Those expert events (the Subaru event, especially) are a nice challenge. If they're going to give away that much cash and rewards, they should make the people work for it.
 
I think now PD is starting t do more for us, which hopefully they use to their advantage so GT6 can be a amazing game. Meanwhile, I thank them for making the effort to make a proper update to the game such as the recent update!

I hope that when GT6 is released it barely sells and PD loses all it's funding since they are clearly too incompetent to make a game that has the features fans have been asking for years. I think the reason why GT5 was released not finished was because they didn't have enough people working to model the cars so it would take less time to create more cars and also the same for modeling new tracks. Kaz is a idiot.
This totally makes sense.....not. 👎


Update was good. 👍
 
It's the little things that matter the most...
By that I mean, the biggest thing I appreciate about this update, is that when you hit the Circle Button, it takes you back a screen, rather than just placing your cursor on the 'Home' Icon.
 
I didn't realize how cool playing with dolls was! I'm off to find a Ken doll to try on some racing suits and helmets.

I can't believe that outfits would bring such a change in my mood. The new Seasonal format, prizes etc, is great. Don't mind the UCD price change. Don't mind the triple prize on the old Seasonals. Saving games during a race series is more than handy.

The game seems a lot fresher. It could be the rose colored glasses that I'm looking through. Thanks PD.
 
another_jakhole
This totally makes sense.....not. 👎

Update was good. 👍

The update wasn't released when I posted my rant post. Anyhow I think PD is starting to make progress on the things fans want. Now recently Forza announced that Forza 4 will have cars with up to a million or more polygons I'm sure that Kaz will wake up and GT6 will be the best racing game ever. Meanwhile they will work harder to release nicer features for GT5.
 
I appreciate what PD has done, they've given us X3 payouts and exp which is great since i don't have too much time to play, this helps me progress much faster. Just hope they keep the special events coming and add in race saves for endurance races. But yeah good stuff PD, the best is yet to come.
 
Best update so far, IMO. I fell back in love with the Lambo Seasonal. :) Almost 500,000 for one race? Sounds good to me. And the half price OCD cars? And the Tickets? Love it all. Also, the PP is listed in the Typical Opponents list. I like that too!
 
Back