update downloads error installation /corrupted file download

• Thread starter zef
  • 10 comments

zef

Philippines
Philippines
zeftaiga
+does anyone here experience something like after downloading an update in GT6 then when it was on installation it stops and says "the file you download was corrupted" i was on 1.19 update.. 3 more updates and it will become 1.22 the last update.. on that time i was installing 1.19 it says it was corrupted and the whole download from 1.1 - 1.19 was gone.. it took me a day and a half to download and then ended up to corrupted file

+does this normally happen? or just a bad luck?

Last edited:
You're not on your own as it's affected quite a lot (not me) of people. Have a look at this thread:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Gra...ended-GT6-Updating-Instructions/td-p/44803188

As for instructions:

Note: before you start installing, GT6 needs lots for free hard drive space to be able to complete the process. GT6 v 1.22 takes up 28 Gb of space, plus the OS needs even more free space to manage the install process properly. Small hard drives will interfere with the install process.

Steps to address the “Installation Failed” issue:

1. Backup any save data file to PS Plus or on a USB drive and delete existing save data file from the PS3 prior to update process (If you don't have any progress, then you can skip this step.)
  2. Within the Games tab of the XMB select Game Data Utility
  3. Highlight GT6 Game Data and press the “Triangle" button and select DELETE (if there is no data, then go to the next step)
  4. While connected to PSN, highlight the GT6 game disc/game file from the XMB
  5. Press the “Triangle” button and select “Check for Updates”
  6. Accept the update prompts and begin patch process via the XMB
  7. Allow the first 6 patches to download and install.
  8. Once the 6th patch has finished installing, press the “Circle” button to cancel the download process
  9. Scroll left while on the XMB, and highlight the Settings Tab
  10. Scroll down to the Network Settings tab>Internet Connection and select DISABLE (this step will prevent the title from trying to complete the remaining TPPS patch process)
  11. Boot GT6 and follow the in-game prompts until the main menu appears. (this step will create new save data which will later be deleted)
  12. Once the initial in-game installation process is complete, press the “PS” button and Quit the game to return to the XMB
  13. Return to the Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection screen and select ENABLE
  14. Highlight the GT6 game disc/game file and press the “Triangle” button and “Check for Updates”
  15. Once the first patch has completed it’s download/install process press the “Circle” button to Cancel
  16. Repeat steps 10-15 until all TPPS patches have been installed.
  17. Copy save data from step 1 back to the PS3 system (overwriting any existing save data that may have been created during the update process)

Back