Update Problems

• Thread starter srpst23
  • 7 comments
So my father-in-law was at the house for about a week and completely screwed up my PS3 somehow. It got to the point that upon every start-up it would tell me my files were corrupted and attempt to fix. Like a moron, I didn't back-up my GT6 files and after the PS3 couldn't fix itself I had to do a factory reset of the system.

I knew that I would have to download and install all of the GT6 Updates, but holy christ, there are 18 of them and it took hours to dowload/install. The problem occurs when the game prepares/installs the updates. I always get an error about 1/4 of the way through this installation process (this is about 1.5 to 2 hours in).

Is there anything that I can do to get the updates to actually install, or should I start using my GT6 disc as a Frisbee. I really am done tieing up my PS3 for literally hours at a time for absolutely nothing.

Does anyone know a better way to do this than starting the update process and crossing one's fingers? Is there a way to download and install each update separately? Sorry if this has been brought up often before, but searches using the search function didn't get me anywhere.

Three good choices:

1. Clean your disk thoroughly
2. Dust out the inside of your PS3 (take caution, watch an instructional video)
3. Get an SSD

Thanks,
I just found a thread in another forum on here with some suggestions. I'll give them a try, but it honestly sounds like a pain in the ass. If we are forced to accept the updates, why can't PD make them actually installable without an obscene procedure?

Latest Posts

Back