[Updated: 08/11/13] Guffaluff's Lap Chart: Trial Mountain (Forward)

• Thread starter Guffaluff
  • 4 comments
Iceland
Iceland
Guffaluff
Hey guys.

In Gran Turismo 5: Prologue, and Gran Turismo 5, I messed around with hot lapping. I chose one track, and raced my cars, making a lap chart in the process. It‘s just my way of having some fun with my cars, and I shared my chart here on GT-Planet. I intend to do some more hot lapping in Gran Turismo 6.

I‘m gonna race my cars in the order of aquirement. All cars will be driven stock, but I‘m gonna use two set of tires depending on the car type. For road/production cars I‘ll be using sports-hard, and for racing/rally cars I‘ll use racing-hard. I plan on doing the hot lapping first thing after aquiring a car, so I don‘t have to shell out the credits to rebuild the engine, restore body rigidy and so on.

Laps will be made in the Free Run mode on the Trial Mountain (Forward) track, my all time favorite Gran Turismo track. I chose it simply because that‘s the track I enjoy driving the most.

My setup and settings are the following:

Logitech G25
* Force Feedback strength: 5

Manual transmission (Use H-shift, sequential, flaps, depending on the car‘s real life setting)
Everything off, except ABS is set on 1.

After each session, I‘m gonna post updates with my impressions on the cars, and feel free to comment. I stress that I‘m mainly doing this for fun, and I‘m no world class driver ;).

I have the Anniversary Edition, so I have the 20 anniversary cars, but I decided not to include them in the chart, simply because they are tuned/special versions of cars that are already available stock in the game.

I’ll use the first post for updates, so my most recent update will be on the top of the first post.

And finally, there might be the occasional spoiler for those who want to keep the prize cars as a surprise.

--------------------------
Last chart update: 8th December 2013

24az6fa.jpg

Last edited:
December 8th '13 - A couple more

My schedule has been pretty busy for the weekend, so I haven't managed to put in as much GT time as I would have wanted. But I managed to earn and race a couple of cars.

After passing my first license test, I was awarded the humble Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport ´09. As for most low-powered FF cars, this one was pretty predictible. Not very fast, and very easy.

Lap time: 1’48.346

Next up was my newly aquired Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione ´90. With a 4WD and relatively low power, it was very easy to drive. However, it produced slower laptimes then I expected. Looking at the PP value, I was expecting it to be in similar time as the Clio, but it ended up being close to 4 sec slower. I‘m guessing it is the extra weight, it did feel a little bit more sluggish.

Lap time: 1’49.153

As you can see, I'm pretty much still in the very early stages of the game, but I'm in no rush, just gonna enjoy the ride ;).

More later. Updated chart in original post.
----------------------------------------

December 5th '13 - First lap!

Since I‘m driving the cars in order of aquirement, the mandatory Honda FIT RS ’10 is up first. Being a low-powered FF car, unsurprisingly it was very easy to manouver.

Lap time: 1’51.031

Next up is the Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT Vision Gran Turismo. I sit down in this space-y looking concept car, expecting to be in for quite a ride. Coming straight from the FIT, this felt like warp speed. A bit tail-happy on the throttle, no surprise considering it's close to 600BHP and FR, but what surprised me is that it often felt a bit understeer-y. It was a fun ride, but could've been better. There should be some room for improvements, might revisit this one later.

Lap time: 1'34.657

Third and last one of tonight's batch is the Renault Sport Clio R.S. '11. A nimble FF car, fun and easy to drive.

Lap time: 1'45.460

So those are the first three, going to try to squeeze in some GT time again tomorrow. You can see the chart in the original post.

Last edited:
"Simulation" does not apply to newer wheels. You can see what wheels are affected by the particular settings you are changing.

Back