Upgrade from Playseat to fixed rig?

United Kingdom
Essex, UK
Hi All
Making a return from a break to the game. I have a Playseat set up at present, which was more to do with space saving as its foldable when not in use.
I have noticed my back seems to be suffering a little after using these days, so thinking of upgrading to a fixed rig.
What are good options here? I was looking at the Dardoo Racing Simulator Cockpit, but no idea how good or bad it is. Price wise, up to around 300 UKP.
Using a Thrustmaster T150 and pedals.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advace.

I know you probably want a full rig, but I’ve been loving my Playseat Trophy cockpit. It’s perfect size for a simple set up. My only complaint is that Playseat hasn’t come up with a standard clamp/coupler you can purchase to build on to it.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the playseat, just my preference to have something a little more upright than bucket style. The playseat challenge is fantastic value and practical given it can be folded away.
Whilst I have been going through this upgrade process I have also been looking at wheels. Wanting to stay on the Thrustmaster brand what is the next step from the T150? Would be nice to go to a direct drive?

I bought a used Podium DD1 PS4 and love it despite recent problems. For me, I wanted the maximum amount of compatibility. With a Fanatec Xbox wheel it’ll support all platforms without any hub.

Whilst I have been going through this upgrade process I have also been looking at wheels. Wanting to stay on the Thrustmaster brand what is the next step from the T150? Would be nice to go to a direct drive?
Are you playing on console or PC?

Same here, then your only options for a DD wheel are the Fanatec DD Pro or Logitech G Pro. The Fanatec starts around £600 with pedals, the Logi is about £1300.
I have been looking into the Thrustmaster T-GT11. I know its not a dd wheel, but it gets some good reviews. I already have t3pa pedals, so it seems logical, to me anyway.

I have been looking into the Thrustmaster T-GT11
The T-GTII is still a good wheel. As you say, it's not a DD but it's probably the best of the belt drive wheels available. It's effects transducer unfortunately only works with GT Sport/7, but if that's what you play it's an added bonus. And since you already have a compatible pedal set you might be able to get a good deal on a wheel and base bundle.

Not sure about the Dardoo. The model with the large round tubes looks quite sturdy though. Just a little above your price range is the GT Omega ART RS6 which has some good reviews. At around 6Nm the TGT will want something that doesn't have too much flex.

I realise with all these things, you have a budget, then it goes out the window.
I pulled the trigger and have ordered a T-GT11 with a pedal set. Same pedals I already have, t3pa, but rebranded. For the extra 50 UKP I figured it was worth having a spare set. I like these pedals.

Last edited:
What's a budget? 😄
Same pedals I already have, t3pa, but rebranded
I think they are slightly different. Improved slightly? It's a shame they don't do a pack that includes the TLCM pedals. With their magnetic HAL sensors it makes them more reliable. Or I suppose, better still, the load cell ones.

I hope you enjoy your new wheel. 👍

Back