Upgrade system needs to change.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 22 comments
Turkey
Turkey
talhaONE
1. Engine swaps should be purchaseable. Im playing Gt7 since the begining almost everyday yet to get an engine swap option from roulette. With a reasonable price of course.

2. All upgrade Parts like Carbon driveshaft should be purchaseable.

3. Body kits should be removeable. Cars with bodykits cant enter tuning disabled races and if you want to race with that car, you need to buy another. This isnt very problematic for cars that costs 70k but there are cars that cost 20M that can equip bodykits.

4. Upgrades mentioned in 1., 2. And weight reductions should be removeable without forcing us to buy new body and engine that costs more then the car itself. Paying 24m for a new body that you already bought for 20m makes no sense. If I had 24M laying around, I would buy another car, not pay for a new body. Those body and engine resets should be free.

Last edited:
I agree with point 1 and 2 that this system is a bit slow, I've been online EVERY day so far and I haven't seen my tickets and motor swaps yet. And apart from a few inferior tuning parts, I haven't had any luck either.

On the subject of wide body and weight reduction, I don't see it like you do. Before the wide body is carried out, it is pointed out that this cannot be reversed. A weight reduction is also a significant intervention in the vehicle body and cannot simply be reversed, so I see a justification for it being the way it is.

If you change a 20 million car, you have to live with the consequences!!!

On the subject of wide body and weight reduction, I don't see it like you do. Before the wide body is carried out, it is pointed out that this cannot be reversed. A weight reduction is also a significant intervention in the vehicle body and cannot simply be reversed, so I see a justification for it being the way it is.

Sure, but it's a video game. Everything is reversible if the developers want it to be. And when the cars in question are so incredibly expensive, and money is so slow, maybe the players can have a bit of the pain taken away by letting us undo changes without needing to buy a whole new car.

Just because its pointed out before we do doesnt make it justified. This is a video game and not real life and making those upgrades removeable wont going to impairs anyone gameplay.
Then how Im going to experience a wide body 250 GTO? Again this is a video game not real life and dealing with consequences is not what Im interested in a video game.

Just because its pointed out before we do doesnt make it justified. This is a video game and not real life and making those upgrades removeable wont going to impairs anyone gameplay.

Then how Im going to experience a wide body 250 GTO? Again this is a video game not real life and dealing with consequences is not what Im interested in a video game.
Well not you, but as you say, it's a game, however PD's aim is to make much, if not as much as possible, as realistic as humanly possible. This includes, among other things, in PD's opinion, NOT to make such changes reversible.
There are countless games out there that have many things irreversible and there are always players who are not happy with that. I don't quite understand that mentality in games either. I was raised and raised to anticipate and live with the consequences, no matter how negative they are for me. When I realize that it wasn't a good decision, I can try to make up for it, but what happens is what happens. And for me that also belongs in a game to a certain extent.

I am still not sure..maybe someone knows, are there any parts that are "special" and you only obtain them on roulette ticket???
Yes there are. Like Stage 5 weight reduction, Carbon Driveshaft only obtainable from roulette and you cant even choose the car for it. It just chooses a random certain car doesnt even look if you own the car or not.

Last edited:
this is a video game not real life and dealing with consequences is not what Im interested in a video game
I totally agree. There's no point making it realistic in this sort of way when we already have real life. The ultimate in realism is already available to all, but we play games because we haven't been successful enough in life to enjoy these things in real life (like almost every human being on the planet).

If people want realism, how about needing to buy/rent the storage space for your cars? How about every car being a constant ongoing drain on your finances, needing insurance and servicing? And each time you damage it in a race, you have to claim on your insurance and the premium increases. How about your cars get stolen because you cheaped out on the quality of storage? How about in sport mode, only the top 20 people in the world by qualifying time are allowed to race? They don't let just anybody take part in races in real life, you know. And so on.

I totally agree. There's no point making it realistic in this sort of way when we already have real life. The ultimate in realism is already available to all, but we play games because we haven't been successful enough in life to enjoy these things in real life (like almost every human being on the planet).

If people want realism, how about needing to buy/rent the storage space for your cars? How about every car being a constant ongoing drain on your finances, needing insurance and servicing? And each time you damage it in a race, you have to claim on your insurance and the premium increases. How about your cars get stolen because you cheaped out on the quality of storage? How about in sport mode, only the top 20 people in the world by qualifying time are allowed to race? They don't let just anybody take part in races in real life, you know. And so on.
OK!!! All of That! :gtpflag::cheers::bowdown:

Seems like a pretty goddamn reasonable request to make, on all 4 points.

24 million + 10 million = 34 million for a new engine and chassis just to revert back some of the changes. It's such an obvious ploy at MTXs it's disgusting.

Like, why is the option even there? If I'm going to waste 24 million on a damn chassis I might as well buy another car which is even cheaper.
Same with engines really... Why even bother with wasting half of the price of the car on an engine? Just buy two of the same car so you can have fully upgrades on one and one either stock or slightly tuned (with removable parts). Why bother reverting your engine back when you might need to upgrade it again? No one is going to come back and forward to this... Especially not on the million credit expensive cars.

I wouldn't mind for example, removing the bodykits and engine parts for free, but then having to pay for them again. That would be reasonable... However...

Why make this realistic at all? Anything that should be realistic is how we drive cars and how each car behaves, period.

And yeah, let's not talk about special parts and Engine Swaps. Play the game almost constantly since launch and am yet to get anything special from it.
"Wow you can engine swap cars, it's a new feature we introduced in the game"...

No... I can't swap engines at all... And it doesn't matter what I do because somehow, someone from PD with a rather big brain, decided to come up with a system like this. Whoever decided this should be FIRED immediately (and whoever approved it as well).

Last edited:
3. Body kits should be removeable. Cars with bodykits cant enter tuning disabled races and if you want to race with that car, you need to buy another. This isnt very problematic for cars that costs 70k but there are cars that cost 20M that can equip bodykits.

By bodykits do you just mean widebody? Because you can definitely "remove" body kits (front bumper lips, skirts, spoilers) and put it back to factory.

Exactly, it's silly to say PD strive for realism wherever possible. They don't. They pick and choose what they like. The whole Cafe Mode is not realistic in the slightest.

I thought BoP reverts the performance aspects of a car to it's stock form but keeps visual upgrades like wings and lips?

Last edited:
I thought BoP reverts the performance aspects of a car to it's stock form but keeps visual upgrades like wings and lips?
Yes and no, there is a special rule for extensions. There are race settings that prohibit the use of spacers.... I don't know whether they are directly attached to the BoP or whether they are an additional option.

1. Engine swaps should be purchaseable. Im playing Gt7 since the begining almost everyday yet to get an engine swap option from roulette. With a reasonable price of course.
This I agree with.
What is the point of Engine swaps when 99% of the time you dont get an engine from the roulette card?

2. All upgrade Parts like Carbon driveshaft should be purchaseable.
Yes, I agree

3. Body kits should be removable. Cars with bodykits cant enter tuning disabled races and if you want to race with that car, you need to buy another. This isnt very problematic for cars that costs 70k but there are cars that cost 20M that can equip bodykits.
I agree.

4. Upgrades mentioned in 1., 2. And weight reductions should be removeable without forcing us to buy new body and engine that costs more then the car itself. Paying 24m for a new body that you already bought for 20m makes no sense. If I had 24M laying around, I would buy another car, not pay for a new body. Those body and engine resets should be free.

Umm if you read what each upgrade does(throughout the history of GT)
It tells you it replaces body panels, removes sound insulation, etc.

Too add to this.
Why is it that you can install a high lift camshaft, but cant remove it?
Umm if a part like a camshaft can be installed, it can be removed.
Heck you can swap exhausts.

Same for the high pressure pistons.

Replacing pistons, conrods, crankshafts is more work yes, but can still be done.

Replacing camshafts is quicker as its more of a valve cover off job, then loosen camcaps.

Why dose overbore and internal engine parts not count as a new engine? If your in the motor you would be replacing most of the parts in it to replace pistons and major internal parts. You would not reuse gaskets, head bolts, piston rings, ... etc. In the case of boring out the piston cylinders you would resurface the cylinder walls and replace the pistons and rings with lager ones. For the cost of most of these internal engine upgrades you could just buy a long block or a crate motor and replace it all with a new and/or improved motor.

Last edited:
You can tune a Camaro to over 900 horsepower. 900 HP!!!!! But the game won't let you install a roll cage in that car. Realistic? HA!

Replacing pistons, conrods, crankshafts is more work yes, but can still be done.

Replacing camshafts is quicker as its more of a valve cover off job, then loosen camcaps.
Only true if the motor is overhead cam. If it's a push rod motor you would be in the crank case to get at it.

Agreed.

And, at the very least, either let us buy replacement engines and bodies for ALL cars or remove permanent engine and frame wear. To have to rebuy and retune multiple copies of a car just because you like driving them is insane. Especially for pre-2001 cars that aren't in Brand Central.

Seems Kaz's vision of celebrating cars is just parking them in your virtual garage and never using them?

Last edited:
Back