Upgrading from PlayseatChallenge. Please advise

• Thread starter slthree
  • 2 comments
United States
Fact Central Florida
slthree
I've been using a place a challenge for about 3 years and it's been fine for me, fairly stable and fantastically dependable!

I'm experiencing pain in my knees because they bump the bars on the side when I race for longer sessions and it's not so easy to get in and out of it. It's time for me to finally upgrade.

I'm looking for a rig that is not too large but much more comfortable (one that might support and even heavier wheel base than my DD Pro) and fairly easy to move about. Any suggestions?

I couldn't think of a better place to go than here to ask this question.

I use the Rseat RS1. what primarily sold me at the time 3 years back was
1) size, as it was one of the smaller rigs end to end (i had limited space in front of TV)
2) side entry with wheel deck support on one side only
3) decent reviews and had among the fewest user complaints regarding the company - availability, shipping damage etc.

Overall its pretty solid - even one sided the wheel deck is very stable. CSW v2 then DDPro no issues. Pedal deck and shifter mount have some movement, but not noticeable while driving. Decent adjustability.

Has feet that screw in - could use casters instead. I just put floor sliders underneath and can easily shift it about. I really like ease of getting in w the one side support.

Came well packed no damage all parts and tools in a big box.

Not perfect but I’m happy enough - other rigs may be sturdier or have additional features but were bigger and heavier and mostly more expensive

Attachments

• 4D5795F3-DCD1-4361-82DB-A63DE7C4BCB7.jpeg
    4D5795F3-DCD1-4361-82DB-A63DE7C4BCB7.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 24
Have a look at simlab rigs,solid,very adaptable really strong, aluminium so light enough to move around on castor’s,I’m using the gt1 evo,excellent value for money

Back