Upgrading from T300RS to Fanatec V2.5 worth it?

• Thread starter Tinzo
  • 13 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi guys,
Currently i have an old R300 RS with a brand new Sparco R383 on it. t3pa and TH8a
It's getting old and clipping on gt sport. The FF just dies after a lap or two. I have the fan "on" all the time and had to turn down de FF to 3 or 4 i believe so it stays working. It also feels very weak on PC2 on pc. Tbh i can live with it but with Black friday around the corner i am planning to step it up and get a Clubsport V2,5 with bmw gt steering wheel and a clubsport V3 pedals.

I have had Fanatec before (the CSR series) but i am scared to spend allot of money to only find out that it was not worth it. I read similar stories online.
Should i upgrade or wait till my wheel is dead first? Has anyone have had experienced both wheels?
Thanks.

The FF just dies after a lap or two. I have the fan "on" all the time and had to turn down de FF to 3 or 4 i believe so it stays working.
If this is due to the electric motor overheating, removing the top cover of the wheel base and playing without it will help.

Last edited:
If this is due to the electric motor overheating, removing the top cover of the wheel base and playing without it will help.
Thanks. I rather sell it to someone for cheap and get the franatec. I play in the living room with my playseat challenge. If I remove the cover my 2year old will definitely stick her hand it while I'm racing.

I guess not. Thanks anyway. Getting the CS V2.5 with V3 pedals and a gt2 bmw rim this black friday. Let you guys know what i think about it.
I switched from the T500 to the v2.5 and can say the same thing as Mad1723. Big big difference in power, smoothness, ffb details, response, everything.
I think you'll be just as happy as I was.

Wow thanks for the feedback guys. I just ordered the csw2.5 with v3 pedals and porsche 918 srs wheel. Can't wait. It's been a while since i owned a Fanatec set. My last one was the CSR forza wheel with csr elite pedals which i soled when ps4 came out.

I would highly recommend a quick release as well. It doesn't just give you a faster way to switch wheels, but it's also a lot more solid than the regular mounting solution.
A bit expensive I know, but well worth it.

Last edited:
I would highly recommend a quick release as well. It's doesn't just give you a faster way to switch wheels, but it's also a lot more solid than the regular mounting solution.
A bit expensive I know, but well worth it.
I'll keep that in mind thanks. For now i plan to use only one wheel. First i have to receive my order complete and well. Its a mess on Fanatec website currently. In my email it shows i have bought the pedals and in Fanatec website it says you bought the Performance Kit only. I did pay for it tho.

Back