• Thread starter Liquid
  • 2 comments

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
I frequently use GTP on my mobile, a Samsung with a Firefox browser if that's relevant, and when I try to upload images from my mobile into a post I would say that it only works around 30% of the time.

70% of the time nothing happens. I'll select the image from my phone and then nothing will happen. No amount of refreshing or returning to the thread at a later time seems to work.

From my own troubleshooting I've tried it in the advanced reply as well as my usual quick reply and I've fiddled with the richtext/BB codes on and off.

Am I missing something or is this a known issue?

I'm not aware of any issues and haven't received any other reports. I tried attaching various images via Firefox on my Android test device (Android 12, Firefox v104.1.0) and it worked as expected.

Is it always the same images that are unable to be uploaded? Are there any similarities between the images that work and don't? Are these images you've saved from elsewhere, or photos you've taken with the camera? If you copy an image that doesn't work and send it to your computer, can you upload it from there? Do image uploads that do not work in Firefox work in Chrome?

In my experience this is an issue on a lower end phone with limited free RAM. What happens is you open the built-in file uploader/selector which pushes the browser window back. Once you've selected the image you're returned to the browser window but if the page wasn't stored in memory, the page is refreshed/reloaded instead of just continuing the operation.

Latest Posts

Back