Uploading replays.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abysmal Pea
  • 7 comments
  • 838 views
Messages
45
I'm looking to upload replays, but with a catch:
I don't want to buy a MaxDrive or an XPort drive or whatever.

The only thing I have is a laptop and a couple USB cables.


Are there any free alternatives that a man with a mobile computer can use to drag replay files off of his PS2? Like software or something designed for this purpose?

Searching the forums has brought up nothing, and searching amazon.com has brought up reviews saying the MaxDrive costs thirty bucks and has a nasty tendency to corrupt video game cards. :scared:
 
If you have a video camera, you can record the tv itself, and use a usb cord to transfer files, its what I do for the WDS.
 
If you have a video camera, you can record the tv itself, and use a usb cord to transfer files, its what I do for the WDS.
The only video camera I have uses video tapes. :<

I'm also looking to join the WRS on these forums, which is why I'm looking to extract the replay files.
 
I'm looking to upload replays, but with a catch:
I don't want to buy a MaxDrive or an XPort drive or whatever.
You have to buy one of them.

Are there any free alternatives that a man with a mobile computer can use to drag replay files off of his PS2? Like software or something designed for this purpose?
MaxDive software and the Xport software are designed to do this.

Searching the forums has brought up nothing, and searching amazon.com has brought up reviews saying the MaxDrive costs thirty bucks and has a nasty tendency to corrupt video game cards. :scared:
I've been using the MaxDrive and Xport for years, and I've never had a corrupt gamesave.

I'm also looking to join the WRS on these forums, which is why I'm looking to extract the replay files.
Then you need a MaxDrive/Xport. There is no other, free option.
 
i was thinking of a TV Tuner card, but im not so sure you can get a USB dongle with a video in on it :S
Replay videos are not acceptable in any form of serious OLR competition. To get involved in the WRS, or any other well-organized series on any other forum, you will need a Max Drive (or similar) in order to get the actual replay files to upload.

I've uploaded and transferred dozens of replays and game saves with no problem to my memory card. I believe the issues that cause game save corruption are entirely related to using the cheats and unlock codes to modify your game save, not simply back it up or move it.
 
The only competition you enter that you can use a video camera in is the WDS, and thats oinly because its not about time.

Looks like you're outta luck man.
 
Are there any free alternatives that a man with a mobile computer can use to drag replay files off of his PS2? Like software or something designed for this purpose?

Searching the forums has brought up nothing, and searching amazon.com has brought up reviews saying the MaxDrive costs thirty bucks and has a nasty tendency to corrupt video game cards. :scared:
The MAX Drive only corrupts a mem-card if you MOVE or DELETE files using it, so only COPY files. I lost my nearly completed GT4 card that way. (I'd love to be able to format it again.)

So long as you already have a compatible USB mem-stick, then if you buy just the MAX software, you can get away without buying their small mem-stick package, maybe saving a buck or two, in the meantime.

The only other "free" alternative you have is nearly impossible to find and, therefore, will be very expensive. If you had PS2 LINUX, a PS2 network adapter, and the hard drive, you could access the drive from your computer. :yuck:

The MAX Drive is cheaper and it works, if you use it properly, and it positively will not work on a PS3.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
Back