Urgent T300 help needed please

• Thread starter thegt500
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
North Wales, UK
thegt500
Hi guys,
I've got a major problem with my T300RS wheel that needs urgent help. I was having problems with pCARS and decided to delete my game save data as I've read it can help with glitches etc. Deleted the save data and that's when the problem started. When ever in the pit box or if I stop the car on track, my wheel spins 900° to the right and locks there until the car moves. This is with any car on any track.
So, I then decided I must have corrupted data somewhere along the line and did a fresh installation of the game (digital edition) and re downloaded all data, DLC and updates. I thought it would cure this problem, but alas, no. Now everytime I'm in pit box or stationary the wheel whips to the right and is stuck fast to the 900° lock stop. If I try to force the wheel back and hold it, is makes a buzzing noise and you can feel it fighting to the right.
If anyone has come across this problem and more importantly, fixed it, I'd appreciate the answer. I have calibrated the wheel and tried both the default FFB settings and Jack Spades global ones which were working perfectly before.
Thanks in advance guys.

First check that the firmware is up to date. (You need a PC to do this.)

Then you have to do a cold start of the wheel. PS4 on, then plug in the wheel, then start PCars. then go to the calibration screen, before going to drive.

There is a program available on the PC that will check/reset the T300 to factory and check all is ok. But you have to go through their tech support to get it. ( I have a copy somewhere on my PC but not sure if I am allowed to share...).

Diesel97, the wheel is perfect on Drive Club on the PS4, and also on GT6 on PS3.
Brit999, firmware is up to date, I've tried with PS4 on, then wheel plugged in, start game, calibration setup and many other permutations but still no good.
I've yet to try checking on the PC in the diagnostic testing programme, but I don't think it'll show a fault ? In the pCARS set up menu everything calibrates as it should. The pedal calibration, FFB setup and wheel calibration all check out OK and the FFB when driving feel is actually better than before with a more nuanced feel.
The only reason I deleted the game save data was because the per car settings weren't saving on the latest DLC tracks and cars (they always reverted to default when using the classic tracks). Oh, and also the game was taking ages to load up on the splash screen where the little multi coloured pCARS flag flashes (it was flashing 26 times before re installing, now it's almost instantaneous).

I've had this a few times when i set my deadzones wrong. Try reducing your deadzone removal or increasing deadzone removal falloff.

Are you turning the wheel all the way to 100 during the first step of calibration?
Yes, turn fully to right 100% then return to centre and turn 90° left until I get 900° reading.

I've had this a few times when i set my deadzones wrong. Try reducing your deadzone removal or increasing deadzone removal falloff.
I'll give this a try in the morning mate, cheers.

Back