US GT Academy participation DLC *NOT* forthcoming, says SCEA

  • Thread starter Thread starter h2g2guy
  • 5 comments
  • 959 views
Messages
103
Messages
h2g2guy
Hey all,

Thought you'd like to know about a call I just made to SCEA.

Let's start at the beginning. After waiting a few weeks after the end of the US's Round 1 of GT Academy, I called Sony's support number. The answer I got was effectively 'wait until 8 weeks after the end of Round 1'.

That day came I believe last Friday, and so I called again today. I spoke with one representative who hardly understood what I was talking about, but when she did she basically told me that she has no more information. I asked to speak with the supervisor.

The supervisor understood my story (very nice guy, by the way) and put me on hold. He was actually calling someone else higher up in the hierarchy to patch me through to, because he didn't have any information either. He told me this, took down my PSN information, and once he got off of hold, he patched me through.

This guy told me mostly the same thing. I was told that the codes had already been sent out by PD, and I must not have gotten mine because my e-mail was truncated, something got lost in the system, you know, stuff like that. He couldn't give me a replacement DLC code because SCEA didn't get any in the first place from PD. I asked for PD's support number (knowing there isn't one, since I have clicked the 'Contact' link on gran-turismo.com). He told me that while there isn't another number I could call, I could post on PD's blog or forum. There was no one else I could talk to, so he wished me luck with this issue and the call ended.

Along the way, I did mention all of you guys; that is, I told them that tons of members of GTPlanet hadn't received them either. The second guy did seem concerned about that, but no one else really took notice.

So I come to you for two reasons. First of all, of those of you who didn't receive your DLC, how long are your email addresses? Mine is extremely long (over 40 characters), so that explanation makes sense for me. Do you have a Master Account or a Sub Account? Also, I was under 18 when I registered for GT Academy; does this match anyone else who didn't get DLC?

Secondly, what should we do about this? Petition? If anyone else wants to bother SCEA with this, mention me. My name's Joe. They also have my PSN: h2g2guy and my email address: 42istheanswer.whatsthequestion@gmail.com. We can all contribute to a thread in PD's forums, too, if anyone can find them XD

Basically, if you have ANY idea of anything having to do with why we didn't get DLC, please post. I'm subscribed for instant notification to this thread, so I should respond quickly.

Hope to hear from you soon!
 
I'm willing to guess Round 2 is why we didn't get anything. Earthquake could be another guess.

I was hoping for a car, at least.

Then again, perhaps we weren't meant to get anything. Look how quickly DLC came out for EU GTA.
 
I'm willing to guess Round 2 is why we didn't get anything. Earthquake could be another guess.

I was hoping for a car, at least.

Then again, perhaps we weren't meant to get anything. Look how quickly DLC came out for EU GTA.

I'll buy the first two ideas, but PD wasn't hit hard by the quake, and I would think that we would have heard from them.

We were definitely meant to get something, though. See the December 20 post to the PS blog. Don't think it's a car; what was mentioned was a theme and a PS Home avatar.
 
I'll buy the first two ideas, but PD wasn't hit hard by the quake, and I would think that we would have heard from them.

We were definitely meant to get something, though. See the December 20 post to the PS blog. Don't think it's a car; what was mentioned was a theme and a PS Home avatar.

It doesn't matter if their HQ didn't get hit hard. People don't live in their HQ. Fact of the matter, like most people, they probably have family closer to the devastation.
 
I think that it would be even more effective if we pettitioned on their forums.
We might even be able to get our hands on that DLC GTA Car if we show enough anger.
 
It doesn't matter if their HQ didn't get hit hard. People don't live in their HQ. Fact of the matter, like most people, they probably have family closer to the devastation.

Excellent point that I didn't even think of. Still wouldn't explain why we haven't heard from them about this, though.

Don't get me wrong; I do have a general sense of the gravity of the situation over there. I'm sure it's horrible beyond words, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they closed shop for a while. Nonetheless, a statement to that effect would be pretty likely, especially since Yaz already took the time to tell us that the HQ was OK.

Also, even though SCEA has been throwing around '8 weeks', typically these things are resolved in a matter of days after the event in question ends, which would have been well before the quake. The fact that it wasn't immediately resolved raised a red flag much earlier on than my first call to them.

I think that it would be even more effective if we pettitioned on their forums.
We might even be able to get our hands on that DLC GTA Car if we show enough anger.

That's what I was thinking, though we should probably organize it here before heading over there so that GTPlanet users know about it.

While that car would be so totally AWESOME to have, I'm not sure that we should 'entitle' ourselves to more than we were made to expect. Attract bees with honey, not vinegar (or am I butchering a really useful adage?).
 
Last edited:
Back