US vs JP -- Physics different?

• Thread starter Suede53
  • 26 comments
Suede53 / GTP_Suede53
Is it my imagination or are the physics different between the versions? I downloaded the JP version first and put about 20-30 minutes in. By the end, I was still struggling to keep the back end in check but enjoying every minute. Afterwards, I checked the US store one last time and I saw the demo was up. So after it installed, I went at it again for another 30 minutes and my very first lap out I was over a second faster. The US version just felt like it had more grip.

Anybody else notice a difference?

Or you were just more used to it?

I initially thought the same thing and almost didn't post this for that reason, but the difference was quite noticeable at the time. I don't usually get that much better that quick. :D I plan to do some more experimenting tonight.

Either way, I think the new physics are great and it's a lot of fun keeping the car in check.

:cheers:

I think there's a slight difference too. I'm not sure if there's more grip, but it feels like the envelope is slightly different. It may be more realistic, might be more tailored to the whiney western kids, it's hard to say.

If anything it's harder then. I was able to get a 38.8** time on the JP one but I can't seem to be able to crack 39s in the US one. Quite annoying really :lol:

The EU and JP versions feel the same to me, and I've been playing the hell out of them both. JP prize is season tickets to Super GT for the top 10 and a signed copy of GT5 to the top 250. Damn if I'm not getting at least one of those...

I think there's a slight difference too. I'm not sure if there's more grip, but it feels like the envelope is slightly different. It may be more realistic, might be more tailored to the whiney western kids, it's hard to say.

tires seem to lose grip more gradually instead of snapping

I don't think there is any diff. I have the EU version and my times are pretty close to Japan's and Aussies. I don't think GT would bother with having two demo versions when they know that this is a world challenge.

The difference seems to be solely with the America version. I'm going to have to spend time with relatives tonight, but they are racing nuts... maybe it could be an Academy night. :sly:

This was something I noticed off the bat too, I was able to go full throttle more easily without slipping out of a corner in the US ver.
I thought it was just me, and might be in my head but I guess if other people feel it too... Its interesting!
Could there have been an update somewhere between the initial JP release.

I definitely noticed a difference, but decided to keep it to myself (thought I was imagining things). But looks like I'm not the only one...

Please for the love of god PD if you're listening, make the physics the same across all regions for all cars for the final release. And make all license tests/Missions the same across all regions aswell, i'm sick of the ever so subtle differences in GT4. Just make the Japan release and translate it and put it out there. No need to alter any of the game code what-so-ever (except maybe the menu code, you don't want long words going off the side of the screen and such, like i think we saw in another GT game)

I downloaded the JP version last night and have yet to download the north American version, is it possible to have both version of GT academy on your PS3 at the same time? I would love to drive them both back to back to see if this difference really is not just in everyone's head

I downloaded the JP version last night and have yet to download the north American version, is it possible to have both version of GT academy on your PS3 at the same time? I would love to drive them both back to back to see if this difference really is not just in everyone's head

Yes you can. I have the EU and JP versions at the same time, I don't see why US and JP would clash.

Thanks Imari, can't wait to get home and try it out. It's been a slow day at work and all I want to do is play some Geeh Teh and get my times to GTP standards!
Yes you can. I have the EU and JP versions at the same time, I don't see why US and JP would clash.

The EU and JP versions feel the same to me, and I've been playing the hell out of them both. JP prize is season tickets to Super GT for the top 10 and a signed copy of GT5 to the top 250. Damn if I'm not getting at least one of those...

I am thinking about making a japanese account.... or do I have to live in Japan therefore ?

Wow they are generous in Japan. :drool:

Is it my imagination or are the physics different between the versions? I downloaded the JP version first and put about 20-30 minutes in. By the end, I was still struggling to keep the back end in check but enjoying every minute. Afterwards, I checked the US store one last time and I saw the demo was up. So after it installed, I went at it again for another 30 minutes and my very first lap out I was over a second faster. The US version just felt like it had more grip.

Anybody else notice a difference?

Practice. I used both, they were the same for me.

Top 250 get a signed copy of GT5 in Japan, wow thats crazy. Too bad they're not doing it here outside Japan.

As for differences, the PAL and Japanese versions seem exactly the same to me.

Jay
Top 250 get a signed copy of GT5 in Japan, wow thats crazy. Too bad they're not doing it here outside Japan.

As for differences, the PAL and Japanese versions seem exactly the same to me.

That is awesome, and yea it's a shame they're not doing the same here as well, I feel like I could remain within the top 250.

I haven't noticesd the difference between the JP and Aus versions apart from the download size.

JP 202 Mb.
Aus 220 Mb.

I now have tried both the JP and NA versions and they feel exactly the same.
I think what happened was some people forgot to change the steering wheel settings from Amateur to Simulation when trying the NA version for the first time.

Latest Posts

Back