Usa getting f1 2011 earlier

I don't care, I'm just having the benefit of people trying it out and figuring out how to change the car setup compared to F1 2010.

If you buy it on steam you can connect to steam via a virtual private network with a US ip address, which will allow you to play the game before the EU release.

If you do this.

1. Buy game with your normal IP on steam as you would any other game.
2. Preload the game ready for friday.
3. log into steam with a US ip (like USAIP or securitykiss tunnel etc)
4. press play and let it decrypt, you might want to set steam to offline mode after this
5. enjoy before friday.

It's not just the US, Asia also had an early release. I got my copy yesterday. I live in the Philippines, BTW.

1. It's not an early release
  2. The game is being released the same week in Europe and the USA
  3. Games are typically released on Tuesdays in North America
  4. Games are typically released on Fridays in Europe
  5. This is a non-issue

I hope that clears everything up :D

The release date for Australia is tomorrow but when I went to the shops today the guy sold me a copy. Been on it all day!

MikeTheHockeyFan
[*]It's not an early release
[*]The game is being released the same week in Europe and the USA
[*]Games are typically released on Tuesdays in North America
[*]Games are typically released on Fridays in Europe
[*]This is a non-issue

I hope that clears everything up :D

Seems to be an issue for some members. I think that's why the OP started the thread as the discussion on this issue has hijacked another thread.

Just bought it at the local GAME.

Pd2wK.jpg

Wasn't so many days earlier in the US, it seems. :D

Last edited:
I did 1 post in f1 2011 forum saying how I couldn't understand why they couldn't just release games everywhere at the same time. I just mean why do they do this, to me there is no benifit from releasing a game early in a certain region 1st it just seems stupid. Although I'm sure there may be good reasons for some things to be delayed in certain regions but It seems to be happening more and more and you never get told why it's being released later or earlier in a certain region. We all know Europe game stores will have it copies of F1 in their stores right now so why is it that I can't walk into a game store and buy a copy, yet If I get on a plane travel 2500miles west to USA I can.

and before I get loads of replies saying chill out its 2 days........I can happily wait two day I have no problem with that. I just would like to know why the do this it seems messed up thats all

Last edited:
If you buy it on steam you can connect to steam via a virtual private network with a US ip address, which will allow you to play the game before the EU release.

If you do this.

1. Buy game with your normal IP on steam as you would any other game.
2. Preload the game ready for friday.
3. log into steam with a US ip (like USAIP or securitykiss tunnel etc)
4. press play and let it decrypt, you might want to set steam to offline mode after this
5. enjoy before friday.

I believe that is illegal and therefore breaching the AUP.

I believe that is illegal and therefore breaching the AUP.

It isn't illegal, it is against the rules but they will not do anything about it, because they want your money. There are threads on steams own official forums about how to do it, which is where i got the info.

So long as you buy the game with your own IP, all you're doing is telling and allowing the steam client to unlock the files that are already on your computer. If you don't like it then don't do it. I did and i'm enjoying the game early like many others.

The other option, which is illegal is that i could just download it from a torrent website and still get it before the UK release.

How soon some of us forget......last year when F1 2010 . It was also going to be release 3 days before EU....For some reason the USA didn't receive it until 3 days after the release in Eu.....plus there was a shortage going around a couple days after....S-hit happens

PS....don't blame Codemaster for this.......blame SONY...the new release days in the USA are on a Tuesday.....,,,Eu is on a Fridays

How soon some of us forget......last year when F1 2010 . It was also going to be release 3 days before EU....For some reason the USA didn't receive it until 3 days after the release in Eu.....plus there was a shortage going around a couple days after....S-hit happens

PS....don't blame Codemaster for this.......blame SONY...the new release days in the USA are on a Tuesday.....,,,Eu is on a Fridays

Yea I remember last year I went to the stores at midnight and then the next two days with still nothing. It is what it is, a video game. haha

Back