"Use purchased item to buy..."

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 4 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I've been playing GTS for about 2 years now and today I saw something I've never seen before.
On Time Trial, I checked to see what the Aliens were using, and mainly the Renault Megane Trophy 2011 (Gr.4).
I had in the allowable selection the Megane Gr. 4 and assumed that was it as I thought I had every car in the game that you can buy.

Anyway, I checked and sure enough there sat the Megane trophy '11..... with no tick underneath it (not bought!!! :irked: ).
So, I clicked buy and this time got 3 options.... credits, cash or "Use Purchased Item to Buy this car"

Wut???

So I clicked that and the car was mine without spending a credit.

Anyone know what that's all about? Can't find anything online and nothing in the manual?

Hope I haven't swapped one of my Unicorns for it :nervous: Need to check!

Yes I think so....... I renewed membership and had some left over..... I need to check.
But, that option came up as the "buy from PS Store" and gave me a price..... this was a third panel.

EDIT - checked emails from PS Store - last purchase was one year renewal of PS+ in August last year. Nothing since.
The amount in my wallet after that is exactly what's in it today..... so it wasn't a purchase from the store..... BUT checked the car in the garage and it has a white circle above it, as though bought in the store.

Weird.......

Last edited:
After a bit of investigation, I think what happened here is I probably accidentally deleted a car I'd bought for cash during an epic garage clear-out.
That's likely why the third option came up - rather than make me pay again (cash or credits) I was offered the chance to restore a previous actual purchase - that's pretty good!

Last edited:
After a bit of investigation, I think what happened here is I probably accidentally deleted a car I'd bought for cash during an epic garage clear-out.
That's likely why the third option came up - rather than make me pay again (cash or credits) I was offered the chance to restore a previous actual purchase - that's pretty good!

Late in but yes this is a fail safe PD put into place with the game that if you delete a car you bought with real cash you get the option to reacquire it from your previous car credit as third option.

Not that I have done a clear out myself but it is a nice fail safe feature!

Back