Used cars - are the same models always the same colors?

  • Thread starter Thread starter slipp3h
  • 9 comments
  • 812 views
Messages
111
Messages
slipp3h
Everytime I see an E46 M3 pop up it's in Laguna Seca blue. Nice color, but I'd like some of the others - phoenix yellow or silver gray would be better seeing as I already have two Laguna Seca ones.

Have I just had bad luck or is this the same for everyone?
 
Could be the same car coming back onto the market repeatedly.. I haven't paid too close attention but it strikes me the cars are usually different colors, assuming the car has different colors available.
 
Could be the same car coming back onto the market repeatedly.. I haven't paid too close attention but it strikes me the cars are usually different colors, assuming the car has different colors available.

I've seen four E46 M3s and bought two of them, all have been Laguna Seca... I've noticed it twice with several other cars. Hoping it's a crazy coincidence, but I have a feeling used cars only come in one color :nervous:
 
Adds some longevity to the game when you know you're gonna spend credits on a car just for the paint ticket.
 
I haven't been rigorously keeping track but I'm suspecting the same thing; each time I've seen the '70 Superbird for instance it always seems to be lime green for instance. In GT4 (for what that's worth) it came in around two dozen colors.
 
I have been rigorously keeping track and yes, they're always the same. So far at least.
 
I too have experienced this myself, I've been looking for a YELLOW Rx7 Bathurst R, I am refusing to buy it unless its yellow. I've already seen 6 Blue Bathurst Rs pass through my used lot!! I only want yellow! :(
 
every monaro CV8 always pops up silver... i bought the first and have seen about 8 since... i want one devil yellow but noooo, always silver :(

EDIT: i have seen other cars in various colours but the monaro (and a couple others) just dont change... also has any1 noticed that there are bugger all yellow cars for sale anywhere???? i want to paint my challenger yellow but there never seems to be any yellow cars anywhere....

i love the paint system but this ^^^^ is annoying
 
Last edited:
I've seen a Panther Pink Charger, and a few days later a Plum Charger. Mine seem to be changing colors.
 
I too have experienced this myself, I've been looking for a YELLOW Rx7 Bathurst R, I am refusing to buy it unless its yellow. I've already seen 6 Blue Bathurst Rs pass through my used lot!! I only want yellow! :(

I'm looking for the same thing and the worst thing about it is that I've raced against the yellow Bathurst several times. I'm also looking for a Crystal Blue Metallic MX-5 and it never shows up used but I've raced against it.
 
Back