Used cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT787B
  • 2 comments
  • 820 views
Messages
65
United States
Chicago
Messages
AaronRacer12
Messages
InboardLeak51
I just bought a Pennzoil Nismo GT-R '99 used from the used car store. I saw that it could use an engine overhaul and some serious chassis improvements. I decided to just change the oil and go racing, but I have constantly carried around a nagging feeling that the engine in the car now may not be able to perform well enough very long. Is this a normal feeling?
 
If I'm not mistaken, the engine overhaul restores the HP output you originally had with the car. In other words, the car may be outputting less HP than it originally could, so doing the overhaul is beneficial if this is what it does. I wouldn't know myself though, I have never used that feature, I don't use one car for far too long to the point of the engine needing a overhaul.
 
Understood.
 
Back