Used cars...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Majarvis
  • 58 comments
  • 4,007 views
check above post
I updated the file with no chinese
let me know if you still have trouble open it
 
Sweet. Thanks!

Whoa nelly, what a list! So the Black race cars indicated the end of a cycle?
 
The Locust
Sweet. Thanks!

Whoa nelly, what a list! So the Black race cars indicated the end of a cycle?
yes, definitely
 
Hey, not sure if it's mentioned, but what's the first column for? Some are dashes, some are asterisks. Does it mean that they can be bought at the dealer or something?
 
after comparing a bit, that's what I found

for first column
* = can be bought at very low mileage (like new)
- = all appearance have high mileage on them

for weeks column
red * = low mileage
 
Oh ok.

Might I say Franz; GOOD FIND. This list is such an easy way to find extremely rare cars! All you have to do is sort by day and you'll see what will pop up for that week. I've painted all the cars I want/rarest cars yellow (whole column) and painted the days they pop up in Red (cells in those columns that have asterisks), so all I have to do, for example, is sort by 5/13 (the week i'm on now) and look which ones I painted red in the sorted column.

BEST... LIST... EVAR.
 
Awww. hate to put a damper on it, but it's not accurate! I just checked and the two cars I want that are supposed to be there aren't!

=(
 
great idea ....
for me, I just look over the list couple times
and check which car I wanna get in the future
just mark the week and cars' name on the paper
so I go check the dealer when the week is up
if the colour is right for me, just go buy it

I am on 2nd year 5/20, some rare cars start to appear 👍

edit> really? which version you own? chinese or Japanese?
 
Excuse me Franz,
what are column from U to DP? Can you explain me those numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Months/days? Why first year begins from 4/2?
 
these are dates
see! you start the game on April 2, so it is 4/2
after 7 days, it is 4/9 (April 9)
get it?

also the last column means appearance frequency in this 99 weeks
 
Chinese version. Think it's different for the J one??? That would be weird on PD's part
 
franz
these are dates
see! you start the game on April 2, so it is 4/2
after 7 days, it is 4/9 (April 9)
get it?

So are those dates subjective? Only important for the count is weeks number right?
 
The dates in GT4 are based on things you do in GT4. Buying a car takes a day, racing one race takes a day.

For example, the used car lot recently threw a whole bunch of cars with only 10 km on the odometer, that I don't have. I bought about five of them and then while I was still in the used car lot and had just purchased an old nissan bluebird, the little pop-up came up telling me that the selection had been changed.
 
Bilgewater
The dates in GT4 are based on things you do in GT4. Buying a car takes a day, racing one race takes a day.

OOOk it's late, 02:37 Am, I'm a little tired...
I know that an action in the game takes a day.
I'm talking about Franz Used Cars doc; the count of the days begins from April 2... it means that who writed that doc. began his game on April 2? Or the game begins on April 2 in default? Is in the game a month count?
 
whenever you starts the game
the first day in GT4 is April 2nd
it is a default date

mine is Chinese version too
however I didnt start using the list yet
but from the week I am currently on, the list is accurate
I didnt try passing a week to check
because I am currently working on my photo mode project
so I will check later for the accuracy
 
When anyone and everyone first starts GT4, the first day in Gran Turismo mode is April 2nd.

And franz, maybe the second cycle is different? If that's the case, that list is useless after one buys the race cars.

I tried finding the Lotus Esprit V8 Sport and SE versions but to no avail. The midnight purple II was available in the week of the first 5/7, but not on the list.

=(
 
well ... go for 8/13, maybe you can see them
are you now on 2nd cycle?
 
franz- what is your photomode project? just curious, maybe get a new idea.
 
extensive GT4 + Photoshop
 
Yeah i'm on the second cycle. I'm mainly concerned with getting the Isuzu Bellett and the Nissan 240RS, but the Lotus's are just to keep to the collection and so I won't have to wait so long next time to get them when I actually want/need them.

Color doesn't concern me too much, so as long as it's not polka dot, I like any color. Hell, my Suzuki Cappuchino's pink (initial D style! WHAT!)

Edit: Actually it's Pearl Green now that I think about it, but I wouldn't think twice about getting it in pink.
 
pink cappucino? nice ....
I love pink Rx-7 and pink WRX
I had them in Kaido Battle 2 ....
anyway .... I would not dare to paint my real car pink
because nice car will get scratch in my city
I even got permanent marker on it right after I cleaned my car :ouch:

back to topic
I think if the car is not too rare, you can get your fav. colour pretty easy
as long as you don't miss the week
however, this is quite time consuming for some rare cars
 
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are the used cars divided up under each manufacturer? Or are they all lumped together in one place?
 
franz
whenever you starts the game
the first day in GT4 is April 2nd
it is a default date

mine is Chinese version too
however I didnt start using the list yet
but from the week I am currently on, the list is accurate
I didnt try passing a week to check
because I am currently working on my photo mode project
so I will check later for the accuracy

Thanks Franz it was too simple:tup: :dunce:
 
Omen87
Sorry if this has been asked before, but are the used cars divided up under each manufacturer? Or are they all lumped together in one place?

They are lumped. Not as hard to find which car you want as you think though since each list doesn't have more than 30 at a time.
 
The Locust
Yeah i'm on the second cycle. I'm mainly concerned with getting the Isuzu Bellett and the Nissan 240RS

The Bellett is high on my list of must have used cars, too. I think I'll work on a color chart as well, as soon as the game is available in the US.

Great list, by the way. Very useful.
 
Back