Used the Prima Track Guide to memorize all tracks on GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jon Du Varney
  • 17 comments
  • 1,622 views
Messages
1
Messages
jonduvarney
I stayed up very late for many nights, raced every track over 20 times, and took 200 pages of notes and studied them and finally have every track memorized. This took about one month, and comes in handy when I'm racing and when I'm watching races on TV (like on Monza). This is something that also took $76 in Starbucks Cards to keep me awake. One question: Is this too much?
 
Sorry this doesn't answer your question but where did you get the track guide from?
 
I stayed up very late for many nights, raced every track over 20 times, and took 200 pages of notes and studied them and finally have every track memorized. This took about one month, and comes in handy when I'm racing and when I'm watching races on TV (like on Monza). This is something that also took $76 in Starbucks Cards to keep me awake. One question: Is this too much?

Dude - 76 dollars for coffee...in answer to your question, yes, that's way to much, I only pay a few dollars for my tin of coffee and it lasts me for weeks...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
 
I never understood the reason for these guides. Surely you are able to memorize tracks without the use of a book, by driving it 20+ laps anyway? And there is always the internet to go about and ask -for free no less- how to cut another 2, 3 seconds from your laptimes?

EDIT: anyone buying their coffee at starbucks deserves to pay that much anyway ;)
 
I know all the tracks like the back of my hand and I never used a track guide for them. Besides, the guide won't tell you what speed to send a car into a corner.
 
Should have just got the game and played it to become familiar with the tracks, Most here on GTP will have oodles of experience and techniques for 98% of GT5's tracks.

There are a few tracks totally new to GT so you haven't got that much to catch up on. As most experienced GTers will agree, getting to know the track is only half of the challenge, with pinning the perfect racing line is where you make or break.

Good luck
 
it shouldn't take more than 5 laps to memorize the basic layout and find out the braking points, after that it's just fine tuning and squeezing the lap time out, to truly know a track you need maybe 100 laps though, once you do it you can basically jump in every car and find out the fastest way around right away.

I don't think track map help a bit, because track map doesn't tell you about elevation and what curbs to ride over.
 
It only takes me about 3 laps to memorize the lines and braking points. Maps dont really help me tbh. Obviously i need a few more laps to properly memorize a track and shave time off of my laps
 
Any way that people learn tracks is a good way!

Personally I agree with those who've said that driving a track teaches one more than reading a guide... but whatever works for you!
 
For the many times I can't be on the PS3, this guide and the Apex book help me get a fix!
 
I know all the tracks like the back of my hand and I never used a track guide for them. Besides, the guide won't tell you what speed to send a car into a corner.

This guide does, give the speed and some tips. :)
 
Lets be honest here folks...A written guide bought from a store can only contain so much info. Only by driving a track you will you gain the memory of that track. You need to practice driving a particular car around that track to gain the best car setup and achieve the best times through perfect control and perfect line. Yes a guide may give you tips on basic gameplay but I fail to see how they actually help with driving games, rpgs maybe but not driving games.

Just my humble opinion. Drive on.... :)
 
:idea:Hey guy's don't knock it unless you've read it.:sly:

It even tells you where its safe to run on the grass.:crazy::dunce:

It's an OK read but it really lost it for me when it told me to run on the grass. Mind you £7.60, what would you get for that 2 coffees at Starbucks?
 
Back