User Interface & Options Menus thoughts and suggestions

• Thread starter bleeder
  • 11 comments
England
London
Mauler_77
we have a thread for bugs and glitches and as the UI is a key part of player satisfaction I thought I'd start a dedicated thread where we can all discuss the UI and feedback some possible improvements and issues to the WMD boys, and perhaps to SMS themselves.

I'll go first...

PS4
1. seeing as this game has so many tweaks and options I don't understand why we can't access the main Options from within the Race Options. if I want to adjust my camera or FOV I have to leave the event, go back to main options, adjust, exit, load event again, and then possibly do it all over again if I'm not happy with the adjustments.
I'd like to know if there are any technical reasons why Main Options can't accessed in the Event Options.

2. option to disable Stig subtitles

3. option to have Stig come through speakers and not pad

4. option to have full DS4 control as well as wheel, enabling faster menu navigation and more accurate controls during replays. I don't think it's even possible to pan the camera with the wheel.

5. Stig subtitles not on screen long enough to read.

please add to this if and when you have thoughts on the UI. this isn't a bug or glitch thread, but more a place to share our experiences with the interface.

we have a thread for bugs and glitches and as the UI is a key part of player satisfaction I thought I'd start a dedicated thread where we can all discuss the UI and feedback some possible improvements and issues to the WMD boys, and perhaps to SMS themselves.

I'll go first...

PS4
1. seeing as this game has so many tweaks and options I don't understand why we can't access the main Options from within the Race Options. if I want to adjust my camera or FOV I have to leave the event, go back to main options, adjust, exit, load event again, and then possibly do it all over again if I'm not happy with the adjustments.
I'd like to know if there are any technical reasons why Main Options can't accessed in the Event Options.

2. option to disable Stig subtitles

3. option to have Stig come through speakers and not pad

4. option to have full DS4 control as well as wheel, enabling faster menu navigation and more accurate controls during replays. I don't think it's even possible to pan the camera with the wheel.

5. Stig subtitles not on screen long enough to read.

please add to this if and when you have thoughts on the UI. this isn't a bug or glitch thread, but more a place to share our experiences with the interface.
Option 2. is available under Options->Gameplay->Second tab. You can turn it off there, I think.

This has to be high on the update list for PS4, if indeed it isn't possible yet. It's almost a necessity on this game due to the hundreds of options we can change in tuning/setup.

I would appreciate any descriptions of the Options settings. What do the Visual settings adjust? Bloom? What do the Wheel/Controller settings adjust? Deadzone? Etc. I don't see descriptions in game or on Pcars website (digital manual).

I would appreciate any descriptions of the Options settings. What do the Visual settings adjust? Bloom? What do the Wheel/Controller settings adjust? Deadzone? Etc. I don't see descriptions in game or on Pcars website (digital manual).
I agree it's a bit odd how a lot of things aren't described. good job we're all in this forum, right?

Sorry just got my PS4 yesterday but remember back in GT5 days with G25 and PS3 using controller and wheel together. Analogue was great on pad for panning head/view.

Does PS4 support the feature or is it just an issue with this title?

Fully agree races/pits should offer a quick access to options menu.

I agree it's a bit odd how a lot of things aren't described. good job we're all in this forum, right?
That and descriptions on how to navigate around. i.e. Get an invitational email that tells you to race a special event but not tell where to go to find it.

About being able to use the DS4 at the same time as the wheel, it could be a platform limitation because it's the same problem on Driveclub.

About being able to use the DS4 at the same time as the wheel, it could be a platform limitation because it's the same problem on Driveclub.
this leads me to ask, has anyone tried an online race with a wheel and the headset plugged into the pad for coms? if this combo
doesn't work how will wheel users
communicate online? I never tried it with Driveclub.

This.

PS4 handles users and controllers more like 360/XB1.
PS3 was more like a single user system.

Also I plugged in a USB keyboard and Project CARS couldn't map keyboard keys because the PS4 and/or game was picking up more than one key press.

Back