USF1' new video, blog entry and Piquet Sr. picture

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hun200kmh
  • 5 comments
  • 3,589 views
Messages
7,198
Portugal
Lisboa
Messages
FLAT_TWELVE
Note to mods - Just checked and the last thread I saw about the new american team - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=114248 - died away last August (not very nicely I should add), so I thought a new thread would be more appropriate to resume talking about USF1. However, if you think differently, please merge this one with the old thread.



USF1 has been very silent in the last few months, in a way that has created doubts about them actually entering the grid by next season opening. However ... USF1's official site has been updated, with a very interesting embedded youtube video (uploaded to youtube last december 23th) that wants to tell us a different story. ie, that they're working on it and that they will make it. You can watch it here:

http://www.usgpe.com/news/welcome-video.html


Also, from that page you get a link to their official blog. There, you can read a interesting blog entry from Peter Windsor himself, where he wrote, among many other things, this:

...Such are the demands of modern media, however, that every passing minute is another step into history - if you’re not saying something, you’re not doing anything. Well, I disagree. I think everyone and every company is entitled to its heads-down time ...

... Now, though, the New Year is upon us. US F1 Team will be racing in 2010 and so it is now precisely the time to share with you our life on the global stage. So let me take you on a quick tour ...

... I write – would you believe – from the departure lounge of Orlando airport, where I await the (very) late departure of my flight to London Gatwick. I’ll be in England for a few days, visiting my family over Christmas and catching up with a few friends, but I’ll be back in Charlotte before the New Year. Very soon we’ll be announcing our driver line-up for 2010 ...

Now comes the interesting part. One of the pictures in that blog entry is a picture of himself (a lot younger) with ... Nelson Piquet Sr.

Is it the only picture he has of himself from his early F1 days? No way that is conceivable. So ... why him with NP Sr.? Could this mean NP Jr. will be one of their drivers?
 
Piquet Jr.'s career in F1 is over. He shot himself in the foot with the whole Piquet-gate stuff. He would be an ok choice for a driver next year, with the lack of experienced talent, but if he under-performs and you drop him, he's gonna go tell your secrets.
 
If his career is over why would his father be at USF1?
 
Begging.
 
Well, Windsor was a big fan of Reutemann when he was at Williams and has always spoken in favour of him in the Reutemann/Jones battle.
Guess who is a prominent Argentine politician? Guess where Lopez's money is coming from?

So, by the same logic, you could easily see Windsor having a hand in bringing the Piquet's to the team (or the Piquet's buying into the team at least). Windsor is a bit of a prick so its not beyond him.
Hopefully Chad Hurley or Ken Anderson is a voice of reason and stops this, it really smells of a typical Bernie-favoured move (yet more publicity for F1).

Please Peter, get Wurz in there before you royally screw your team, at least he has some respectable talent. Even Villenueve would suffice! (and would also provide some publicity, albeit on a smaller scale).
I've read Wurz wants a contract that allows him to race at Le Mans still while the reserve driver drives at Canada. So Wurz/Villenueve would be a perfect choice! Or get Wickens if you want to give a rookie a go at his home race, or anyone North American...
 
Back