Using 2 PS3s to progress in the game? (NOT simultaneously)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coxis
  • 3 comments
  • 1,162 views
Messages
3,446
Mexico
GTP_Coxis
Messages
Coxis
OK guys, here's my situation, my original 60gb got the YLOD 2 and a half months before GT5 came out and I manned up and fixed it 6 weeks later. I then bought a slim and transferred the information, it all went down OK.

I am using my main account to progress in the game and I'm currently B-Spec level 32 and rising. I also want to progress on my GTP account now that the new qualifiers are up but I can't do so because I spend a lot of time running B-Spec endurances, so I decided I could use my old PS3 in the meantime:

1- Have my slim PS3 run GT5's B-spec mode doing endurance races on my main account.
2- Copy my GTP's account game save back and forth between my 60gb and my slim as I progress naturally in the game.
3- NOT talking about working on one game save simultaneously on 2 PS3s.

So I pretty much want to play on 2 PS3s without compromising my game save, moving it back and forth between the two. Since the 2 PS3s would be activated and the PSN account would be the same, I see no problems with it. Would it be possible?
 
Last edited:
Erm no mate.

Take PS3 A and PS3 B.

PS3 A has one game save and PS3 B has a copy of that game save.

You run B Spec on PS3 A and finish an Endurance Race, you save the game.

You play online on PS3 B, finish online races and save the game.

If you copy over to PS3 A you will lose the endurance race. If you copy over to PS3 B you will lose your online racing results.

End of the day they will both have different save game info in them, you can't merge them which is what you would need to do.

(Have I understood you correctly btw?)
 
Hey Hig, nope, you didn't get my drift I don't mean to progress a game save simultaneously (that's why I pointed it out on the topic title), no worries though.

What I want to do is progress on one game save using 2 consoles, NOT simultaneously. Let's say, run race on PS3 A (turn it off or switch to a different account) and then copy the game save to PS3 B and continue on on that save. Then switching it back to PS3 A, but NEVER trying to do it simultaneously.
 
Oops sorry mate. Erm yes you can do that ... Have you heard of the Gamesave cheat? Well the theory is basically the same barring you wont be cheating obviously lol.

So yeh you can do that. Just make sure you have GT5 installed with the latest update on the second playstation first.
 
Back