Using a gamepad in half-life

• Thread starter Spock
  • 10 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spock

Not In My Name
Premium
Hey can i use a game pad on my pc version of halflife?
i have an interact axis pad (the cheapist gamepad with anolog sticks i could find) and i want to use it on half life beacuase the keyboard is a bit odd to use after a while of playing
(note my halflife version is 1.1.0.8 if that helps)

How about you try it and find out ...

I use the mouse and keyboard for any first person shooters on the computer.

You are going to get sooooooo spanked by everyone by using a controller... A keyboard/Mouse combo is infinitely superior to a controller.
My guess is that you can, but my question is: why would you want to?
Give the mouse a chance, and try this configuration.
arrow keys for forward and backward. Left and right arrows for strafing left and right. Control Ducks, right mouse button jumps. Also map the drop weapon key and reload to something easy to get to.
And play around with the inverted/not inverted mouse so that you find a method you like.

Plug in P'n'P compatible gamepad to appropriate port (turn the PC off if using any port other than USB). Allow computer to install pad.

Start Half-Life. Go to "Controllers" (under "Configuration", I believe). Select and configure pad to your liking.

Begin game. Play for thirty seconds before realizing that aiming with a pad is not impossible, merely time consuming. Rip gamepad coarsely from port and revert to default keyboard/mouse configuration.

Enjoy.

Dude i only want to use the game pad beacause ive beatin half life a few times before along with opposing force and blue shift, i just want to see the difrence in a keyboard/mouse setup Vs. a gamepad.

there is no "controlers" option under configuration or in any menu i look through

Yes. I enjoy messing with total strangers. :rolleyes:

Configuration>Controls>Adv. Controls>Check Enable Joystick

I tried to help, and you give me this attitude. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back