Using G27 pedals and shifters with Fanatec

• Thread starter HIROTEC16
  • 5 comments
Japan
Japan
Hi, all.

I had a question and made a thread for the first time.
May i tell me about it if you know about below.

I want to use G27 pedals and G27 shifters for PS4 compatible Fanatec wheels.
(The Fanatec candidate is Podium Racing Wheel F1.)
Do you know the conversion connector that connects the G27 pedal and G27 shifter to Fanatech for that purpose?

If not, do you know how to make it?
If I just change the pin assignment, please let me know the pin assignment and I can make a simple harness with DIY.

I've done some research, but out of print or from the MDMI6 connector.... It wasn't an RJ12 connector.
It wasn't what I wanted.

to use G25 pedals on a CSW is just a wiring adapter... does the a similar job to the one shipped with Porsche and CSR bases.

IMG_6462 - Copy.jpg

the colors in the RJ12 go blue, yellow, green, red, black, white

on the dsub 9, 1 - white, 2 - yellow, 3 - green, 4 - red, 6- blue, 7 - black...

the black is an n/c but I soldered it to and n/c on the d-sub 9 to be tidy.. but it is used on active pedals like the V2 to indicate the same...

the d-sub9 is a female to mate with the pedals

the shifters would not be simple at all, apart from the fact that the CS bases expect a 7+1 and the logitech is on 6 postions with reverse indicated by 6th + button

Last edited:
to use G25 pedals on a CSW is just a wiring adapter... does the a similar job to the one shipped with Porsche and CSR bases.

the black is an n/c but I soldered it to and n/c on the d-sub 9 to be tidy.. but it is used on active pedals like the V2 to indicate the same...

I'm looking to make this to get G27 pedals to work with a CSW v2.5 base until I can afford CSL elite pedals and load cell (I'm using a PC so no need for drivehub). I do own a soldering iron but my skills are amateurish so I'm looking to a buy an RJ12 patch cable and just cut it in half, and DSUB9 on breakout board (see picture). The colours will be different but I'll use a multimeter to check the connections are correct. Does this look OK? What is the risk to the wheelbase (don't care about the pedals) if it's connected and one of the connections is wrong?

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

EDIT 26/6/20: Tried it as I described above and it works great.

EDIT 6/8/2020: While the G27 pedals work in all games, the input info is very 'noisy'. If I hold the throttle at 50%, the reading on the computer jumps between 40 and 60%. As my skills progressed this turned out to be hampering my performance in specific vehicles (mostly LMP). I tried reducing the wire length, soldering wires together directly, nothing. Eventually I bought a set of CSL elite pedals instead.

Last edited:

IMG_6462 - Copy.jpg

the shifters would not be simple at all, apart from the fact that the CS bases expect a 7+1 and the logitech is on 6 postions with reverse indicated by 6th + button
Thanks for this. Just built the same adaptor today and it works perfectly with my CSL DD.

Back