Using PAL DFP on NTSC PS2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drifting AE86
  • 8 comments
  • 874 views
Messages
14
Has anyone done this, and confirm that this works? I have both Japanese and UK PS2, but since the PAL version of GT4 won't be coming out for a while, I will get my Japanese copy of it in December. In anticipation, I want to get a DFP from over here, but want to make sure that it will be compatible with my Japanese PS2 and GT4 (well, at least GT4P). Any comment would be great.

Ta
 
It will work. All PS2 hardware such as controllers, memory cards, are not region protected like the games. :)
 
I forgot to mention that the PAL Driving Force doesn't work properly with Japanese GT3, but works OK with GT4P...

The symptoms I get when playing GT3 is that the paddle shift doesn't work, instead I have to change gears using the L. R buttons on the spokes, and the force feedback feels rather dodgy. So I wanted it to be specific to DFP and GT4P, so at least I will have a better idea of it.
 
Drifting AE86
I forgot to mention that the PAL Driving Force doesn't work properly with Japanese GT3, but works OK with GT4P...

The symptoms I get when playing GT3 is that the paddle shift doesn't work, instead I have to change gears using the L. R buttons on the spokes, and the force feedback feels rather dodgy. So I wanted it to be specific to DFP and GT4P, so at least I will have a better idea of it.

It's the same with the PAL version of GT3, you just need to change the button configuration.
 
How? The paddle shift doesn't seem to be recognised as a button in the key config???
 
TBH I can't remember but it can be done, it's probably L2 and R2 but like I say I'm not sure...
 
The paddles on the DFP are equivalent to the L1 and R1 buttons.
 
Just to contribute, I'd like to let ya know that I have an NTSC DFP on a PAL PS2 and it works great, just needs a power converter of course, but otherwise no issues at all.
 
Back