Using standard tyres for max points

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjmurph
  • 3 comments
  • 516 views
Messages
19
Hi, I have a dilema. I've been attepting to find a good car to get 200 points with on the Nurb 4hr. the spread of the field seems to make this really difficult. I had managed to get half way through with my lotus elise 72, losing about 6 seconds from bridge to bridge down the straight, but making it all back and more through the twisties. however, at around 2 hours, I all of a sudden lost 2 buckets of horsepower and about 15Km/h down the straights, not to mention the acceleration. I lost my 15 second lead that I'd built up over the course of 2 hours and all was lost.

At this point I was getting sick of this race. I'd entered heaps of different cars, and nothing seemed to be able to do it. So, I tried to put standard tyres on a faster car. I figured I'll get the points and change my tyres at the end of the first lap, no big deal. more excitement to boot.

Here's the problem. even when I change the tyres to sports (doesn't matter which) the car still retains the rubbish grip levels that I started with. why?

Has anyone else experienced this? I've tried a vouple of different cars and different tyre types, all without the desired result. :indiff:
 
cjmurph
Here's the problem. even when I change the tyres to sports (doesn't matter which) the car still retains the rubbish grip levels that I started with. why?

Has anyone else experienced this? I've tried a vouple of different cars and different tyre types, all without the desired result. :indiff:
Unfortunately, you have experienced a well known glitch of GT4.

Here's what route_66 used:
route_66
Nurburgring 4 Hours Endurance : ASL Garaiya (N3) - 200
You may want to try that out.
 
thanks. I expected it was. I can change to N3's from N1's and get close to sport performance. I tried the ASL, it's very similar in points, speed and feel to the elises that I've been trying, especially the 111r. I don't get 200 points, I suppose I'll have to pick my competition. the first line up is very well spread. thanks again.
 
I've had it. I'm back to using the elise 72. winning but its close. 5 laps in and he's 5 seconds behind which makes for some fun on hte straight. This car just handles so much better than the ASL or the other Elises. its way down on power, but the difference in the corners is huge. I just hope it doesn't lose any power again this time.
 
Back