V1.03 crashing PS3

  • Thread starter Thread starter RampageRacing
  • 17 comments
  • 1,705 views
Messages
134
Everything worked fine last night but now when I start GT6 it says that V1.03 is available. When I tell it to go ahead and update, it crashes the PS3 and I get a message telling me the system was shut down improperly. Is anyone else having issues?
 
Last edited:
Everythig worked fine last night but now when I start GT6 it says that V1.03 is available. When I tell it to go ahead and update, it crashes the PS3 and I get a message telling me the system was shut down improperly. Is anyone else having issues?

Im having exactly the same issue. On my third try of installing the update now.
 
A friend of mine had the same issue (I didn't), he said he did the following:

I found a work around. I signed out of psn. Started the game hit circle when it prompted me to d/l the update. Then once in-game went ti 'notifications' on the left. Signed in and d/l'd the update. Worked fine
 
Same problem here, what a cock up!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I got server unavailable message the first two time I tried signing in to the PSN network. The third time is a charm and I am now downloading the update. Maybe the servers were just overloaded. Thanks for the alternative method.
 
Everything worked fine last night but now when I start GT6 it says that V1.03 is available. When I tell it to go ahead and update, it crashes the PS3 and I get a message telling me the system was shut down improperly. Is anyone else having issues?
This will solve the issue: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_3266694.html
Basically if you don't hit the download update within 2 seconds after seeing it, your PS3 will crash. It worked for me.
 
Last edited:
I had that problem, too. After the PS3 crashed I allowed it to check the file system and then tried to download the update again; my attempts kept crashing the PS3.

After five attempts I got mighty pissed and decided that "screw that noise, I'm not checking any bloody file system anymore". Guess what? The update downloaded and installed just fine.
 
I have had the same problems (Fat 80 gb); will try this 'fix' after work
 
A friend of mine had the same issue (I didn't), he said he did the following:

This is the only trick that worked for me. Signing out before starting the game didn't help, but doing it in the order your friend mentioned did.
 
Took me 3 tries, just now. Not great. 👎
 
This is the only trick that worked for me. Signing out before starting the game didn't help, but doing it in the order your friend mentioned did.
Yup, worked for me too. I thought maybe it was a ploy to see what everyone had on their HD. They kept asking if I wanted to send the problem to Sony, then went on to say that everything would be looked at, activities, cars etc. Hmmm.!?!?
 
Am I the only one having a completely different problem? I download just fine, then at the last bit of installation I get Error 80029564
 
Back